2 – 4 people
- 3 beetroots
- olive oil, for drizzling
- Coles balsamic vinegar, for drizzling
- 1 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 x 400g tins butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 bunch of mint, leaves picked, plus extra to serve
- 3 tbsp Jalna Greek yoghurt
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice only
- sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place each beetroot on a piece of foil, generously drizzle with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Wrap up and roast for 60-90 mins until tender.
- Remove from the foil and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Once cool enough to handle, peel and cut into wedges.
- Combine the beetroot, onion, butter beans and mint in a large bowl. Add the yoghurt, lemon juice and a few pinches of salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Spoon into a large serving bowl and garnish with the extra mint leaves.
Our friends for Wine Selectors suggest that this dish would perfectly pair with either a Merlot or Sangiovese.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...