- 550g bread flour
- 15g gluten
- 25g sugar
- Pinch salt
- 30g ghee
- 300ml water
- Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Container filled with oil
- In a stand mixer bowl, add bread flour, gluten, sugar, salt, ghee and water – using the dough hook, mix gently until it starts to come together. Increase speed and continue until all ingredients are combined and your bowl is spotless. Remove from bowl and give it a good roll on the benchtop/wooden board- you’ll know it’s ready if it doesn’t stick to the surface. Divide dough into approx. 100g portions, about 8 balls. Using your pinky and thumb and your hand curved, roll each portion back and forth to get rid of any creases and until you achieve a perfect ball.
- Carefully place each ball into oil bath. Allow these to rest for 3 hours.
- Once rested take each ball and stretch it out by pressing it out onto the bench and slowly teasing it out by lifting and throwing it back onto it. Continue until you see completely through the roti dough – this tells you it’s thin enough. Fold dough inwards into an envelope place onto baking paper if prepping in advance. Continue with each portion, stacking each envelope with baking paper in between. Keep in fridge until ready to serve.
- On a hot pan, drizzle olive oil and place roti dough onto the pan, face down. Peel baking paper off. Cook until golden brown, crisp and slightly charred. Flip after 2 minutes. When ready, clap it, stack it, salt it. Enjoy!
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...