- 550g bread flour
- 15g gluten
- 25g sugar
- Pinch salt
- 30g ghee
- 300ml water
- Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Container filled with oil
- In a stand mixer bowl, add bread flour, gluten, sugar, salt, ghee and water – using the dough hook, mix gently until it starts to come together. Increase speed and continue until all ingredients are combined and your bowl is spotless. Remove from bowl and give it a good roll on the benchtop/wooden board- you’ll know it’s ready if it doesn’t stick to the surface. Divide dough into approx. 100g portions, about 8 balls. Using your pinky and thumb and your hand curved, roll each portion back and forth to get rid of any creases and until you achieve a perfect ball.
- Carefully place each ball into oil bath. Allow these to rest for 3 hours.
- Once rested take each ball and stretch it out by pressing it out onto the bench and slowly teasing it out by lifting and throwing it back onto it. Continue until you see completely through the roti dough – this tells you it’s thin enough. Fold dough inwards into an envelope place onto baking paper if prepping in advance. Continue with each portion, stacking each envelope with baking paper in between. Keep in fridge until ready to serve.
- On a hot pan, drizzle olive oil and place roti dough onto the pan, face down. Peel baking paper off. Cook until golden brown, crisp and slightly charred. Flip after 2 minutes. When ready, clap it, stack it, salt it. Enjoy!
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...