2 – 4 people
- 415gm John West Wild Alaskan pink salmon, drained well
- 1 Five Tastes Thai Red Curry Paste Shot
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/3 cup Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil for frying
GINGER CORIANDER DIPPER
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 bunch coriander
- 1 kaffir lime leaf, chiffonade
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 inch piece ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1 green chilli, sliced
- 1 lime
- To make the fishcake mixture, place the salmon, curry paste, fish sauce, egg and panko bread crumbs into a food processor. Blitz until well combined but still maintaining some texture.
- Heat oil in a deep fry pan over a medium heat. Using lightly wet hands, shape the salmon mixture into 12 patties and carefully transfer into the pan. Fry the fish cakes in batches for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Transfer to paper towel and season with salt.
- To make the dipping sauce, add the water, vinegar and sugar to a small pot and put over medium heat. Slice up coriander stems and add to the pot, along with shallots, green chilli, ginger, garlic and lime leaves. Bring to the boil and then take off heat. Roughly chop coriander leaves and add to the pot with a squeeze of lime juice, to taste.
- Serve hot fish cakes with dipping sauce on side.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Pinot Gris or Pinot Noir
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
Spanish Chorizo Traybake
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
Sweet Potato & Chicken Salad
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
Fijian Fish Curry
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
Japanese Soba Noodle Salad
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...