2 – 4 people
- 415gm John West Wild Alaskan pink salmon, drained well
- 1 Five Tastes Thai Red Curry Paste Shot
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/3 cup Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil for frying
GINGER CORIANDER DIPPER
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 bunch coriander
- 1 kaffir lime leaf, chiffonade
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 inch piece ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1 green chilli, sliced
- 1 lime
- To make the fishcake mixture, place the salmon, curry paste, fish sauce, egg and panko bread crumbs into a food processor. Blitz until well combined but still maintaining some texture.
- Heat oil in a deep fry pan over a medium heat. Using lightly wet hands, shape the salmon mixture into 12 patties and carefully transfer into the pan. Fry the fish cakes in batches for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Transfer to paper towel and season with salt.
- To make the dipping sauce, add the water, vinegar and sugar to a small pot and put over medium heat. Slice up coriander stems and add to the pot, along with shallots, green chilli, ginger, garlic and lime leaves. Bring to the boil and then take off heat. Roughly chop coriander leaves and add to the pot with a squeeze of lime juice, to taste.
- Serve hot fish cakes with dipping sauce on side.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Pinot Gris or Pinot Noir
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...