San Choi Bao
2 – 4 people
- 500 gm Coles pork mince
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 2 inch piece ginger, peeled, julienned
- 100 gm shiitake mushroom, finely sliced
- 1 coriander root, chopped
- Dried chilli flakes, to taste
- 2 Tbsp. peanut oil
- 2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. Lee Kum Kee Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Lee Kum Kee Oyster Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. caster sugar
- 8-10 iceberg lettuce leaves, trimmed
- 100 gm bean sprouts
- 1 bunch assorted Asian herbs
- 2 long red chillies, finely sliced
- ¼ cup roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- Over a high heat, place peanut oil and sesame oil in a large wok and heat until smoking. Add pork mince in 2 separate batches, stirring constantly until browned. Scoop out pork using a slotted spoon (I used a sieve) to ensure the pork juice and fat remains in the wok. Set aside.
- Add garlic, onion, ginger and chilli flakes and fry off for approximately 1 minute. Add mushroom and mix together for a further 1 minute. Deglaze wok with soy sauce, oyster sauce and rice wine vinegar and stir fry until well combined.
- Return browned pork mince to wok and toss to combine. Add sugar and continue to toss until dissolved and combined. Toss through coriander root just before serving.
- Transfer to a serving bowl together with lettuce cups, peanuts, bean sprouts, Asian herbs and fresh chilli to share.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...