2 – 4 people
- 1 x 500g packet Coles Gluten Free spaghetti
- 1 packet Coles `Finest` Italian pork sausages
- 20mls Cobram Estate Classic EVOO
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 2 cups broccoli florets, finely chopped
- 80ml thickened cream
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup walnuts
- 3 cups basil, leaves picked
- 30g Coles Parmesan cheese, plus extra to serve
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- zest and juice of 1 small lemon
- 40ml Cobram Estate Classic EVOO
- Bring a large pot of salted water up to the boil. Break the spaghetti into 10cm lengths and place into the water. Cook, stirring occasionally for 8-10 minutes, or until aldente. Drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup of cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Remove the sausage meat from the casings and place into the frying pan along with the onion. Cook, breaking up with the back of a spoon for 5 minutes. Add in the fennel seeds and broccoli and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- To make the pesto, place all the ingredients onto a chopping board and using a large knife, chop all the ingredients until you have a rough pesto (alternatively you can use a food processor for a smoother pesto)
Mix the cream, spinach and pesto through the pasta until the spinach has wilted.
- Loosen the mixture with some of the reserved pasta water of it is too thick.
- Place the pasta into serving bowls and grate over some extra Parmesan cheese.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Riesling or Barbera
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
Spanish Chorizo Traybake
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
Sweet Potato & Chicken Salad
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
Fijian Fish Curry
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
Japanese Soba Noodle Salad
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...