2 – 4 people
- 10 g butter
- 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate Light extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cut into 1cm dice
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 golden shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoon thyme, finely chopped, plus extra to serve
- 1 tablespoon flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 500 gm coarsely minced pork
- 1 sheet (375gm) butter puff pastry
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 220C. Heat butter and extra-virgin olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat, add apple and stir occasionally until beginning to colour (3-4 minutes). Scatter over sugar, stir occasionally until caramelised (10-12 minutes), season to taste and set aside to cool.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add shallot and garlic, stir occasionally until tender (4-5 minutes), stir through herbs, season to taste and set aside to cool.
- Combine pork, apple mixture and shallot mixture in a bowl and season to taste.
- Place puff pastry on a lightly floured surface. Place half the pork mixture along one long edge, leaving a 1cm border, brush with egg wash and roll to just enclose pork. Cut along edge, press with a fork to seal then cut into three rolls. Place on an oven tray lined with baking paper and repeat with remaining pastry and pork. Brush with egg wash, scatter with thyme and bake until golden and cooked through (15-17 minutes).
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Pinot Noir or Pinot Gris.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
Spanish Chorizo Traybake
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
Sweet Potato & Chicken Salad
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
Fijian Fish Curry
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
Japanese Soba Noodle Salad
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...