Seared Lamb Chops With Mint Pistou
- 12 Coles lamb loin chops, around 100g each
- 60g butter
- 6 cloves garlic, skin on, lightly crushed
- 3 cups frozen peas
- 250g snow peas
- 300g baby potatoes, boiled with skin on
- 1 cup mint, leaves picked
- 1 cup basil, leaves picked
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- To make the pistou, Place the mint, basil, oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, honey and a pinch of sea salt into a small food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Season the lamb generously. Heat a large heavy based frying pan over a medium/high heat. Add a small amount of olive oil and cook half the lamb for 3-4 minutes on the one side until deeply caramelised. Turn over and place 20gm of the butter and garlic cloves into the pan, basting the lamb for a further 3 minutes, or until the lamb is just tender when touched. Set aside in a warm place to rest. Repeat with remaining lamb chops.
- Meanwhile bring a large pot of salted water up to the boil and cook the peas for 2 minutes before adding in the snow peas and cook for a further minute. Drain the peas and place them into a large bowl along with the cooked potatoes, remaining butter, sea salt and 1 tablespoon of the pistou. Toss to coat and place the pea salad onto the base of a large serving platter. Top with the lamb chops, garlic cloves and drizzle with the remaining pistou. Serve warm with Crusty bread and a glass of Pizzini Shiraz.
RECIPE BY:Kylie MillarSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:300g flour75g Lurpak Slightly Salted butter75g grated cheddar cheese50g vegemiteColes cling wrapMETHOD:Place all ingredients, except the water, into a food processor and blitz until it resembles fine...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1/4 cup pomegranate molasses Juice of 1 lemon 1/3 cup Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Salt 1 bunch mint, picked 1 bunch parsley, picked 1 bunch coriander, picked 1 red onion, diced 1 bunch...
View Khanh's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...
View Michael's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...
View Courtney's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...
View Sashi's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...