Seared Lamb Chops With Mint Pistou
- 12 Coles lamb loin chops, around 100g each
- 60g butter
- 6 cloves garlic, skin on, lightly crushed
- 3 cups frozen peas
- 250g snow peas
- 300g baby potatoes, boiled with skin on
- 1 cup mint, leaves picked
- 1 cup basil, leaves picked
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- To make the pistou, Place the mint, basil, oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, honey and a pinch of sea salt into a small food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Season the lamb generously. Heat a large heavy based frying pan over a medium/high heat. Add a small amount of olive oil and cook half the lamb for 3-4 minutes on the one side until deeply caramelised. Turn over and place 20gm of the butter and garlic cloves into the pan, basting the lamb for a further 3 minutes, or until the lamb is just tender when touched. Set aside in a warm place to rest. Repeat with remaining lamb chops.
- Meanwhile bring a large pot of salted water up to the boil and cook the peas for 2 minutes before adding in the snow peas and cook for a further minute. Drain the peas and place them into a large bowl along with the cooked potatoes, remaining butter, sea salt and 1 tablespoon of the pistou. Toss to coat and place the pea salad onto the base of a large serving platter. Top with the lamb chops, garlic cloves and drizzle with the remaining pistou. Serve warm with Crusty bread and a glass of Pizzini Shiraz.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
Spanish Chorizo Traybake
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
Sweet Potato & Chicken Salad
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
Fijian Fish Curry
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
Japanese Soba Noodle Salad
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...