Seared Tuna Nicoise With Sauce Vierge
- 90ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 small anchovy filets (optional)
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, seeds removed, diced
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice, plus extra to serve
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves, sliced
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 3 x 200g thick yellowfin tuna steaks
- 150g green beans, blanched and sliced lengthways
- 30 small ligurian olives, crushed
- ½ bunch chives, finely sliced to garnish
- ¼ bunch chervil to garnish
- 1 butter lettuce, washed to serve
- Crusty French baguette to serve
- For the sauce vierge, place the oil, garlic and anchovy into a saucepan over a low heat and cook until the anchovy melts into the oil. Remove from the heat, add in the chopped tomatoes and set aside for the flavours to infuse. Once slightly cool, add in the lemon juice, basil and parsley.
- Meanwhile heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium/high heat. Season the tuna with sea salt, cracked black pepper and coat with olive oil. Cook the tuna for 30 seconds each side, or until seared on the outside, but still blush in the center.
- Allow the tuna to rest before slicing into ½ cm thick strips.
- Place the sliced tuna onto a large serving platter. Scatter over the green beans, olives and dress with the sauce vierge. Garnish with the chives and chervil. Serve warm with crusty French bread, butter lettuce and a chilled glass of Riesling.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...