Seared Tuna Nicoise With Sauce Vierge
- 90ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 small anchovy filets (optional)
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, seeds removed, diced
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice, plus extra to serve
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves, sliced
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 3 x 200g thick yellowfin tuna steaks
- 150g green beans, blanched and sliced lengthways
- 30 small ligurian olives, crushed
- ½ bunch chives, finely sliced to garnish
- ¼ bunch chervil to garnish
- 1 butter lettuce, washed to serve
- Crusty French baguette to serve
- For the sauce vierge, place the oil, garlic and anchovy into a saucepan over a low heat and cook until the anchovy melts into the oil. Remove from the heat, add in the chopped tomatoes and set aside for the flavours to infuse. Once slightly cool, add in the lemon juice, basil and parsley.
- Meanwhile heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium/high heat. Season the tuna with sea salt, cracked black pepper and coat with olive oil. Cook the tuna for 30 seconds each side, or until seared on the outside, but still blush in the center.
- Allow the tuna to rest before slicing into ½ cm thick strips.
- Place the sliced tuna onto a large serving platter. Scatter over the green beans, olives and dress with the sauce vierge. Garnish with the chives and chervil. Serve warm with crusty French bread, butter lettuce and a chilled glass of Riesling.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...