Seared Tuna Nicoise With Sauce Vierge
- 90ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 small anchovy filets (optional)
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, seeds removed, diced
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice, plus extra to serve
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves, sliced
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 3 x 200g thick yellowfin tuna steaks
- 150g green beans, blanched and sliced lengthways
- 30 small ligurian olives, crushed
- ½ bunch chives, finely sliced to garnish
- ¼ bunch chervil to garnish
- 1 butter lettuce, washed to serve
- Crusty French baguette to serve
- For the sauce vierge, place the oil, garlic and anchovy into a saucepan over a low heat and cook until the anchovy melts into the oil. Remove from the heat, add in the chopped tomatoes and set aside for the flavours to infuse. Once slightly cool, add in the lemon juice, basil and parsley.
- Meanwhile heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium/high heat. Season the tuna with sea salt, cracked black pepper and coat with olive oil. Cook the tuna for 30 seconds each side, or until seared on the outside, but still blush in the center.
- Allow the tuna to rest before slicing into ½ cm thick strips.
- Place the sliced tuna onto a large serving platter. Scatter over the green beans, olives and dress with the sauce vierge. Garnish with the chives and chervil. Serve warm with crusty French bread, butter lettuce and a chilled glass of Riesling.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...