2 – 4 people
- 600g Eye fillet / scotch fillet diced to 1 inch cubes
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 red capsicum diced same size as the beef
- Place beef into a large mixing bowl with 2 cloves of garlic minced.
- Add oyster sauce, soy sauce, 1 tbsp of vegetable oil, sugar, salt and pepper into the bowl and combine all ingredients well.
- Leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Place a wok on high heat then add remaining tbsp of vegetable oil until just before smoking point.
- Mince the remaining clove of garlic into the hot wok and leave to slightly brown for 15 seconds.
- Add ½ the marinated beef into the wok and leave to brown while gently shaking in intervals for 2 -3 minutes, add half the diced capsicum in the last 15 seconds.
- Remove the cooked beef and repeat steps 4 – 6.
- Set aside for plating.
Vinegar Red Onions
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 4 tbsp white vinegar
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sized bowl and leave to infuse for 15 minutes.
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 juice of 1 large lemon
- Combine all the ingredients and place in a small serving dish.
- 200 g watercrest
- 1 Large tomato thinly sliced
- Cracked black pepper
- Place watercress on a large serving platter
- Scatter over tomatoes.
- Place the cooked beef over the tomatoes and watercress.
- Drain the red onions and scatter over the beef.
- Finish with some fresh cracked pepper.
Our friends from Wine Selectors say that either a Shiraz or a Grenache would be a perfect match for this dish.
RECIPE BY:Kylie MillarSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:300g flour75g Lurpak Slightly Salted butter75g grated cheddar cheese50g vegemiteColes cling wrapMETHOD:Place all ingredients, except the water, into a food processor and blitz until it resembles fine...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1/4 cup pomegranate molasses Juice of 1 lemon 1/3 cup Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Salt 1 bunch mint, picked 1 bunch parsley, picked 1 bunch coriander, picked 1 red onion, diced 1 bunch...
View Khanh's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...
View Michael's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...
View Courtney's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...
View Sashi's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...