2 – 4 people
- 600g Eye fillet / scotch fillet diced to 1 inch cubes
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 red capsicum diced same size as the beef
- Place beef into a large mixing bowl with 2 cloves of garlic minced.
- Add oyster sauce, soy sauce, 1 tbsp of vegetable oil, sugar, salt and pepper into the bowl and combine all ingredients well.
- Leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Place a wok on high heat then add remaining tbsp of vegetable oil until just before smoking point.
- Mince the remaining clove of garlic into the hot wok and leave to slightly brown for 15 seconds.
- Add ½ the marinated beef into the wok and leave to brown while gently shaking in intervals for 2 -3 minutes, add half the diced capsicum in the last 15 seconds.
- Remove the cooked beef and repeat steps 4 – 6.
- Set aside for plating.
Vinegar Red Onions
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 4 tbsp white vinegar
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sized bowl and leave to infuse for 15 minutes.
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 juice of 1 large lemon
- Combine all the ingredients and place in a small serving dish.
- 200 g watercrest
- 1 Large tomato thinly sliced
- Cracked black pepper
- Place watercress on a large serving platter
- Scatter over tomatoes.
- Place the cooked beef over the tomatoes and watercress.
- Drain the red onions and scatter over the beef.
- Finish with some fresh cracked pepper.
Our friends from Wine Selectors say that either a Shiraz or a Grenache would be a perfect match for this dish.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...