2 – 4 people
- 3 cups Birds Eye diced sweet potato
- 40gm butter
- 80ml thickened cream
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup chopped left over vegetables
- 3 cups leftover roast beef or lamb, chopped
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 ½ cups Massel chicken of beef stock
- 2 tsp corn flour
- 1 tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Scatter the sweet potato evenly over the tray and roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes until softened, but not too brown. Transfer to a bowl, add the butter and cream and season with salt and pepper. Mash until smooth and adjust the seasoning to taste. Cover and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium a medium heat. Add the onions and carrots and sauté until onions are translucent. Stir through the frozen peas and any leftover vegetables and cook for another minute or so to warm through. Add the chopped meat and thyme and mix to combine. Pour over the stock, bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cook for 7-8 minutes until vegetables have softened. Mix the cornflour with 2 Tbsp boiling water and pour into the stock, stir through for approximately 3 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened. Remove from the heat and transfer to a deep casserole dish. Top with sweet potato mash and spread roughly with a spatula (the little peaks of potato with crisp up nicely when baked!). Sprinkle with paprika and place in the oven for 15 minutes until bubbling and golden brown on top. Serve with a fresh garden salad.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Cabernet Blends or Tempranillo
SERVING SIZE:2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS:1.5kg whole chickenMARINADE:1/2 cup ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (kecap manis)1/3 cup TCC Premium Coconut Milk6 kaffir lime leaves (thinly sliced)1 tsp cinnamon powder / 1 cinnamon stick (crushed)1 green chilli (finely sliced)1 tbsp ginger...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbs Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 400g Edgell Brown Lentils, rinsed and well drained 2 tbs baby capers, drained 1 small red onion, finely diced 1 Lebanese cucumber, finely diced 1 pomegranate,...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 18 Lamb cutlets Sea Salt Cobram Estate light EVOO YOGHURT SAUCE: 200g Greek yoghurt 1tbs Paprika 1tbs cumin powder Sea Salt HERB SAUCE: 1 bunch of Parsley 1 bunch of Basil 2 anchovies 1 cup Cobram...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 60gm sliced pancetta 1 tsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil ½ cup pistachios, roughly chopped 400gm brussel sprouts, thinly shredded 50 gm shaved parmesan cheese MUSTARD DRESSING: 1 tbsp...
RECIPE BY:Courtney Roulston and Scott McRaeSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS:12 fresh scallops in the half shell80g Lurpak butter, room temperature2 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated1 large clove garlic, grated2 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped1 green...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp cooking sake 2 Tbsp Coles soy sauce 1 inch piece ginger, peeled, finely grated 1 clove garlic, finely grated 4 chicken thighs, diced into 2 inch thick pieces 1/4 cup potato or corn starch** 1/4...