2 – 4 people
- 3 cups Birds Eye diced sweet potato
- 40gm butter
- 80ml thickened cream
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup chopped left over vegetables
- 3 cups leftover roast beef or lamb, chopped
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 ½ cups Massel chicken of beef stock
- 2 tsp corn flour
- 1 tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Scatter the sweet potato evenly over the tray and roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes until softened, but not too brown. Transfer to a bowl, add the butter and cream and season with salt and pepper. Mash until smooth and adjust the seasoning to taste. Cover and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium a medium heat. Add the onions and carrots and sauté until onions are translucent. Stir through the frozen peas and any leftover vegetables and cook for another minute or so to warm through. Add the chopped meat and thyme and mix to combine. Pour over the stock, bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cook for 7-8 minutes until vegetables have softened. Mix the cornflour with 2 Tbsp boiling water and pour into the stock, stir through for approximately 3 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened. Remove from the heat and transfer to a deep casserole dish. Top with sweet potato mash and spread roughly with a spatula (the little peaks of potato with crisp up nicely when baked!). Sprinkle with paprika and place in the oven for 15 minutes until bubbling and golden brown on top. Serve with a fresh garden salad.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Cabernet Blends or Tempranillo
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
Spanish Chorizo Traybake
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
Sweet Potato & Chicken Salad
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
Fijian Fish Curry
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
Japanese Soba Noodle Salad
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...