2 – 4 people
- 1 x 100g sachet Ainsley Harriott roast vegetable couscous
- 2 bacon rashes, chopped
- 1 small brown onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500g Coles angus beef mince
- 1 egg, beaten
- 12 silverbeet leaves, washed, trimmed
- 500ml tomato passata
- 100ml Massel beef stock
- 1 tablespoon worcesteshire sauce
- 2 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- Parmesan cheese, freshly grated to serve, optional.
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees C. Prepare the couscous according to packet instructions and allow to cool.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and cook the bacon and the onion until some fat has rendered and the onion is soft. Add the garlic and cook for one minute.
- Allow to cool before adding bacon mixture into the couscous along with the beef mince, egg and a pinch of salt and papper.
- Blanch the silverbeet leaves in a large pot of boiling water for 20-30 seconds, or until wilted.
- Dry any excess water off the leaves and place onto a clean work bench. Spoon about 1/3 cup of mixture onto the top of each leaf, then roll to enclose filling, tucking the sides as you go. Transfer rolls to a roasting tray, seem side down so they fit snuggly.
- Mix together the passata, stock, worcesteshire sauce, honey, half the thyme and a pinch of salt in a jug and pour over the rolls. Cover with foil and bake for around 45 minutes, or until cooked through.
Scatter the rolls with remaining thyme and shaved Parmesan cheese if using.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Pinot Noir or Shiraz.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...