2 – 4 people
- 1 x 100g sachet Ainsley Harriott roast vegetable couscous
- 2 bacon rashes, chopped
- 1 small brown onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500g Coles angus beef mince
- 1 egg, beaten
- 12 silverbeet leaves, washed, trimmed
- 500ml tomato passata
- 100ml Massel beef stock
- 1 tablespoon worcesteshire sauce
- 2 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- Parmesan cheese, freshly grated to serve, optional.
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees C. Prepare the couscous according to packet instructions and allow to cool.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and cook the bacon and the onion until some fat has rendered and the onion is soft. Add the garlic and cook for one minute.
- Allow to cool before adding bacon mixture into the couscous along with the beef mince, egg and a pinch of salt and papper.
- Blanch the silverbeet leaves in a large pot of boiling water for 20-30 seconds, or until wilted.
- Dry any excess water off the leaves and place onto a clean work bench. Spoon about 1/3 cup of mixture onto the top of each leaf, then roll to enclose filling, tucking the sides as you go. Transfer rolls to a roasting tray, seem side down so they fit snuggly.
- Mix together the passata, stock, worcesteshire sauce, honey, half the thyme and a pinch of salt in a jug and pour over the rolls. Cover with foil and bake for around 45 minutes, or until cooked through.
Scatter the rolls with remaining thyme and shaved Parmesan cheese if using.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Pinot Noir or Shiraz.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
Spanish Chorizo Traybake
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
Sweet Potato & Chicken Salad
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
Fijian Fish Curry
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
Japanese Soba Noodle Salad
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...