2 – 4 people
- 1 packet frozen peas
- 8 eggs
- 1 loaf of Coles sourdough, sliced
- Cobram Estate classic EVOO
- 50g sheep’s milk blue cheese
- Butter for spreading
- ½ bunch snow pea sprouts, for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a medium sized pot of water to boil. Add in a pinch of salt.
- Once the water is boiling, add in the peas and boil for 3-5 mins until the peas are cooked through. Remove from heat and strain.
- Place the peas into a bowl and mash with a fork. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Toast the sourdough with butter over a griddle or in the oven.
- Place the sourdough on a plate and spread with some butter. Top with the smashed peas.
- Break some cheese and add to the top of the smashed peas.
- Place a small pan over medium heat and drizzle in some EVOO. Crack two eggs per person and fry for 2-3 mins or until cooked through. Gently remove the eggs making sure the yolk stays in tact and place it on top of the toast.
- Garnish with a few snow pea sprouts and crack over some pepper and a pinch of salt.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Sauvignon Blanc or Semillon.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...