Smoked Chicken With Potato Salad
- 1 x 1.5kg Coles Whole chicken, butterflied flat
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 large brown onions, in thick slices
- 2 cobs corn, peeled
- 1 bunch chives, finely sliced
- 1 pack Little Lucifer Ready-To-Use Smoking Wood Chips Savoury Herb Flavour
- Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 700g Coles red baby potatoes, boiled with skin on, cooled
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 stalks curly kale, chopped
- 1 green pear, sliced
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped
- ¾ cup ZoOSh Creamy Potato Dressing
- ½ cup sour cream
- To prepare Little Lucifer pack, using a fork or knife, poke holes into the pack and place directly onto the hot plate (using gas BBQ) and place lid down, allowing the chips to smoke.
- Line a BBQ tray with onion slices and place the butterflied chicken on top. Drizzle a generous amount of olive oil over the chicken and sprinkle a pinch of salt. Once the chips start smoking, place the tray onto the BBQ grill plate. Cook for 45mins – 1hr, until golden and cooked through.
- Coat corn cobs in olive oil and place onto the BBQ. Place lid down and allow them to cook for 8-10 minutes. Remove kernels from the cob by cutting them into a bowl.
- Cut pre-boiled baby potatoes into small chunks and place them on a large serving plate. Next, layer with kale, parsley, celery, and pear.
- In a small bowl, combine ZoOSh Creamy Potato Dressing with sour cream, then drizzle onto potato salad. Top salad with charred corn.
- Cut chicken into quarters, removing the middle bone, and place on top of potato salad. Garnish with chives. Enjoy!
- *Save cooked onions for later!
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...