Smoked Chicken With Potato Salad
- 1 x 1.5kg Coles Whole chicken, butterflied flat
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 large brown onions, in thick slices
- 2 cobs corn, peeled
- 1 bunch chives, finely sliced
- 1 pack Little Lucifer Ready-To-Use Smoking Wood Chips Savoury Herb Flavour
- Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 700g Coles red baby potatoes, boiled with skin on, cooled
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 stalks curly kale, chopped
- 1 green pear, sliced
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped
- ¾ cup ZoOSh Creamy Potato Dressing
- ½ cup sour cream
- To prepare Little Lucifer pack, using a fork or knife, poke holes into the pack and place directly onto the hot plate (using gas BBQ) and place lid down, allowing the chips to smoke.
- Line a BBQ tray with onion slices and place the butterflied chicken on top. Drizzle a generous amount of olive oil over the chicken and sprinkle a pinch of salt. Once the chips start smoking, place the tray onto the BBQ grill plate. Cook for 45mins – 1hr, until golden and cooked through.
- Coat corn cobs in olive oil and place onto the BBQ. Place lid down and allow them to cook for 8-10 minutes. Remove kernels from the cob by cutting them into a bowl.
- Cut pre-boiled baby potatoes into small chunks and place them on a large serving plate. Next, layer with kale, parsley, celery, and pear.
- In a small bowl, combine ZoOSh Creamy Potato Dressing with sour cream, then drizzle onto potato salad. Top salad with charred corn.
- Cut chicken into quarters, removing the middle bone, and place on top of potato salad. Garnish with chives. Enjoy!
- *Save cooked onions for later!
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...