Smoky Pork Belly
- 800g Coles pork belly strips, boneless, skin off
- ½ jar Lee Kum Kee Char Siu Sauce
- 1 pack Little Lucifer Ready-To-Use Smoking Wood Chips Savoury Herb Flavour
- 4 carrots, peeled, grated
- 1 bunch coriander, chopped
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon raw ginger, finely julienne
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- *To prepare the barbecue, pierce the Little Lucifer pack with a fork or knife and place onto the hot barbecue grill (for gas BBQ), or onto hot coals (for kettle BBQ). Place lid down to allow the chips to smoke for a few minutes.
- Coat both sides of the pork belly strips with char siu sauce. Place a cake rack on top of the grill to avoid burning the meat. Align the pork belly strips on the rack and cook for 45 minutes to an hour, turning them halfway through. Remove from heat and allow to rest.To make the carrot salad, combine grated carrot, coriander, fresh ginger and black sesame seed. Dress with lemon juice, sesame oil, maple syrup and salt and toss through.
- Slice each pork belly strip into smaller bite size pieces and serve with the delicious carrot salad. Serve as an entertaining or shared platter or with some rice. Enjoy!
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...