Smoky Pork Belly
- 800g Coles pork belly strips, boneless, skin off
- ½ jar Lee Kum Kee Char Siu Sauce
- 1 pack Little Lucifer Ready-To-Use Smoking Wood Chips Savoury Herb Flavour
- 4 carrots, peeled, grated
- 1 bunch coriander, chopped
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon raw ginger, finely julienne
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- *To prepare the barbecue, pierce the Little Lucifer pack with a fork or knife and place onto the hot barbecue grill (for gas BBQ), or onto hot coals (for kettle BBQ). Place lid down to allow the chips to smoke for a few minutes.
- Coat both sides of the pork belly strips with char siu sauce. Place a cake rack on top of the grill to avoid burning the meat. Align the pork belly strips on the rack and cook for 45 minutes to an hour, turning them halfway through. Remove from heat and allow to rest.To make the carrot salad, combine grated carrot, coriander, fresh ginger and black sesame seed. Dress with lemon juice, sesame oil, maple syrup and salt and toss through.
- Slice each pork belly strip into smaller bite size pieces and serve with the delicious carrot salad. Serve as an entertaining or shared platter or with some rice. Enjoy!
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...