2 – 4 people
- 4 x 180-200g snapper fillets, skin left on
- sea salt flakes
- olive oil, for frying
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 4 marinated artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 bunch of basil, leaves, picked
- 2 French shallots, finely diced
- 20 cherry tomatoes, finely sliced
- 1 small handful of chives, finely snipped
- 3 teaspoons capers
- juice of 1⁄2 lemon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- freshly ground black pepper
- Season the fish with salt and leave for a few minutes to draw the moisture from the skin.
- For the sauce vierge, in a large bowl, combine the artichoke, basil, shallot, tomato, chives, capers, lemon juice and vinegar. Stir carefully so as not to bruise the delicate ingredients. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pat the fish dry with paper towel and re-season the skin with salt.
- Heat some olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat and fry the perch, skin side down, for 90 seconds. Turn the fish and cook for 30 seconds until the fish has cooked through. Remove from the heat immediately.
- Serve a fillets per person with a generous serving of the sauce vierge spooned across the top. Finish with a drizzle of the extra virgin olive oil.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Gruner Veltliner or Sauvignon Blanc.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...