2 – 4 people
- 4 x 180-200g snapper fillets, skin left on
- sea salt flakes
- olive oil, for frying
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 4 marinated artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 bunch of basil, leaves, picked
- 2 French shallots, finely diced
- 20 cherry tomatoes, finely sliced
- 1 small handful of chives, finely snipped
- 3 teaspoons capers
- juice of 1⁄2 lemon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- freshly ground black pepper
- Season the fish with salt and leave for a few minutes to draw the moisture from the skin.
- For the sauce vierge, in a large bowl, combine the artichoke, basil, shallot, tomato, chives, capers, lemon juice and vinegar. Stir carefully so as not to bruise the delicate ingredients. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pat the fish dry with paper towel and re-season the skin with salt.
- Heat some olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat and fry the perch, skin side down, for 90 seconds. Turn the fish and cook for 30 seconds until the fish has cooked through. Remove from the heat immediately.
- Serve a fillets per person with a generous serving of the sauce vierge spooned across the top. Finish with a drizzle of the extra virgin olive oil.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Gruner Veltliner or Sauvignon Blanc.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...