Spanner Crab and Asparagus Salad
- 3 bunches asparagus, trimmed
- 3 tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea salt and freshly milled pepper
- 1 long red chilli, finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely sliced
- 2 tbs macadamias, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbs nigella seeds, toasted
- 1 tbs pumpkin seeds, toasted
- ½ bunch mint, leaves picked
- ½ bunch coriander, leaves picked
- 2 lemons
- 200g cooked spanner crab meat
- 75ml mascarpone
- 100ml cream
- Set asparagus spears on a baking sheet, drizzle with one tablespoon of the oil, season and toss to coat. Place on preheated BBQ and grill for 2-3 minutes, turning occasionally until well charred. Once cooked, chop into small pieces and place in a large bowl. Preheat a fry pan over a medium heat. Fry chilli and garlic in a further tablespoon of olive oil for 30 seconds. Add macadamia and seeds and cook for 30 more seconds. Tip over asparagus and toss in the mint and coriander leaves. Zest and juice one lemon, adding half the zest and all the juice along with the remaining olive oil and season to taste. Next, whisk mascarpone, cream and the zest of the remaining lemon. Season and refrigerate until required. Toss asparagus salad on plates or a platter, arrange crab meat on top and finish with the lemon cream the reserved lemon zest and a twist of pepper.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...