Spanner Crab and Asparagus Salad
- 3 bunches asparagus, trimmed
- 3 tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea salt and freshly milled pepper
- 1 long red chilli, finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely sliced
- 2 tbs macadamias, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbs nigella seeds, toasted
- 1 tbs pumpkin seeds, toasted
- ½ bunch mint, leaves picked
- ½ bunch coriander, leaves picked
- 2 lemons
- 200g cooked spanner crab meat
- 75ml mascarpone
- 100ml cream
- Set asparagus spears on a baking sheet, drizzle with one tablespoon of the oil, season and toss to coat. Place on preheated BBQ and grill for 2-3 minutes, turning occasionally until well charred. Once cooked, chop into small pieces and place in a large bowl. Preheat a fry pan over a medium heat. Fry chilli and garlic in a further tablespoon of olive oil for 30 seconds. Add macadamia and seeds and cook for 30 more seconds. Tip over asparagus and toss in the mint and coriander leaves. Zest and juice one lemon, adding half the zest and all the juice along with the remaining olive oil and season to taste. Next, whisk mascarpone, cream and the zest of the remaining lemon. Season and refrigerate until required. Toss asparagus salad on plates or a platter, arrange crab meat on top and finish with the lemon cream the reserved lemon zest and a twist of pepper.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...