2 – 4 people
- 1 x 2kg Coles Slow Cook Lamb Shoulder (bone in), trimmed of excess fat
- 2 teaspoons Coles whole cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon Coles ground cinnamon
- Sea salt and pepper
- Coles Baking paper
- Coles Aluminum foil
- 2 large heads broccoli, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup (80ml) Cobram Estate Classic EVOO
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 cup pistachio nuts
- 1/2 cup roast almonds, chopped
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 large pomegranate, seeds removed (around 1 cup)
- 1/3 cup currants
- 1/2 bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped, plus extra to serve
- 1/2 bunch mint, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon tahini paste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2/3 cup Coles Greek yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees. Place the lamb into a deep sided baking tray and scatter with the cumin, cinnamon, seas salt and pepper. Pour 1 cup of water into the bottom of the tray and cover the lamb with baking paper and seal with foil. Bake for 4 hours, then remove the foil and bake for a further 30 minutes at 200 degrees C to crisp up the outside of the lamb.
- While the lamb is resting, heat 20ml of the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add the broccoli, season with a pinch of sea salt and cook for 2 minutes to slightly soften the broccoli, but leave it with a bit of crunch. Remove the broccoli from the pan and place in a large bowl to cool slightly.
- Whisk together remaining 40ml of olive oil with the lemon zest, lemon juice, honey and a pinch of sea salt and set aside.
- Whisk together all the tahini dressing ingredients with a pinch of sea salt until smooth.
- Mix all the remaining tabbouleh ingredients into the broccoli and pour over the reserved lemon dressing. Toss well to coat then place onto a platter or serving bowls. Top with pieces of lamb and drizzle over the tahini dressing. Garnish with extra parsley and lemon wedges.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Cabernet Merlot or Tempranillo
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
Spanish Chorizo Traybake
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
Sweet Potato & Chicken Salad
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
Fijian Fish Curry
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
Japanese Soba Noodle Salad
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...