2 – 4 people
- 200gm shelled pistachios
- 1 tsp Coles ground cardamom
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 100gm fine polenta
- 1 tsp Bi Carb soda
- 50gm Lurpak unsalted butter
- 180ml Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 70gm eggs, room temperature
- 200gm caster sugar
- Zest and Juice of 1 lemon
- Icing sugar to garnish
- Preheat oven to 170C. Grease and line a 20m round spring from pan.
- Place pistachios on a baking tray and toast in the oven for 3-4 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove and set aside to cool. Once cooled, place into a food processor with the cardamom and mixed spice and process into a fine meal. Pour into a large mixing bowl and add polenta and bi carb soda, stir to evenly combine.
- Place the butter in a saucepan over a low heat until butter has turned a dark amber colour. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool slightly. Mix with olive oil.
- In a stand mixer, use a whisk attachment to beat the eggs and sugar together on a medium speed until light and fluffy. Reduce speed slightly and gradually add in the oil and butter and mix until well combined. Remove from the mixer and add to the dry ingredients, gently folding through the mixture. Add the lemon zest and juice and fold through.
- Pour batter into prepared cake tine and bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes. A skewer inserted into the middle should come out clean. The cake may sink in the centre, after rising, and this is normal. Remove and allow to cool in the cake tin. Once cooled, sprinkle with icing sugar and serve with dollop cream.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Late Harvest Pinot Gris.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...