2 – 4 people
- 200gm shelled pistachios
- 1 tsp Coles ground cardamom
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 100gm fine polenta
- 1 tsp Bi Carb soda
- 50gm Lurpak unsalted butter
- 180ml Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 70gm eggs, room temperature
- 200gm caster sugar
- Zest and Juice of 1 lemon
- Icing sugar to garnish
- Preheat oven to 170C. Grease and line a 20m round spring from pan.
- Place pistachios on a baking tray and toast in the oven for 3-4 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove and set aside to cool. Once cooled, place into a food processor with the cardamom and mixed spice and process into a fine meal. Pour into a large mixing bowl and add polenta and bi carb soda, stir to evenly combine.
- Place the butter in a saucepan over a low heat until butter has turned a dark amber colour. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool slightly. Mix with olive oil.
- In a stand mixer, use a whisk attachment to beat the eggs and sugar together on a medium speed until light and fluffy. Reduce speed slightly and gradually add in the oil and butter and mix until well combined. Remove from the mixer and add to the dry ingredients, gently folding through the mixture. Add the lemon zest and juice and fold through.
- Pour batter into prepared cake tine and bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes. A skewer inserted into the middle should come out clean. The cake may sink in the centre, after rising, and this is normal. Remove and allow to cool in the cake tin. Once cooled, sprinkle with icing sugar and serve with dollop cream.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Late Harvest Pinot Gris.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 18 Lamb cutlets Sea Salt Cobram Estate light EVOO YOGHURT SAUCE: 200g Greek yoghurt 1tbs Paprika 1tbs cumin powder Sea Salt HERB SAUCE: 1 bunch of Parsley 1 bunch of Basil 2 anchovies 1 cup Cobram...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 60gm sliced pancetta 1 tsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil ½ cup pistachios, roughly chopped 400gm brussel sprouts, thinly shredded 50 gm shaved parmesan cheese MUSTARD DRESSING: 1 tbsp...
RECIPE BY:Courtney Roulston and Scott McRaeSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS:12 fresh scallops in the half shell80g Lurpak butter, room temperature2 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated1 large clove garlic, grated2 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped1 green...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp cooking sake 2 Tbsp Coles soy sauce 1 inch piece ginger, peeled, finely grated 1 clove garlic, finely grated 4 chicken thighs, diced into 2 inch thick pieces 1/4 cup potato or corn starch** 1/4...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 6 slices Coles Laurent Sourdough bread 1 tub Zoosh Sour Cream & Chives dip 100ml Cobram Estate classic EVOO 3 cups broccoli florets, finely chopped BASIL PESTO: 1 cup basil leaves 1/2 cup flat leaf...
RECIPE BY: Lillie Giang SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 tbsp water 1 cup red syrup 1 cup Valcom Water Chestnut Whole (cut into small, evenly, bite-sized pieces) 1 cup tapioca flour ½ cup water ½ cup sugar 1 cup TCC Premium Coconut Milk crushed ice a pinch of...