Spicy Pumpkin Soup
Prep Time 10 mins
Cook time 20 mins
- 1 brown Onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1kg Pumpkin, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1tbs Cumin powder
- 1tbs Coriander powder
- 1tsp KEEN’s Chilli powder
- 1 ltr Massel Liquid Chicken Stock
- 1 tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Sea Salt
- 1 chorizo, diced
- 2tbs Sesame seeds, toasted
- 2tbs Pumpkin seeds, toasted
- ½ cups Greek yoghurt
- Bread Rolls
- In a large pot heat oil, before adding onions and a pinch of salt. Once onions start to become slightly brown, add pumpkin, cumin, coriander and KEEN’s Chilli Powder, stirring through and cooking off until spices are toasted and aromatic.
- Add stock and bring up to a boil and then allow to simmer until pumpkin has softened. Using a stick blender, blend the pumpkin until nice and smooth, or to desired texture.
- In a pan add chorizo to a medium-high heat and cook until crispy.
- Garnish soup with chorizo, sesame and pumpkin seeds sprinkled over the top as well as a nice dollop of sour cream. Serve with some warm bread rolls.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...