2 – 4 people
- 2 x 45g Five Tastes red curry paste shots
- 1 x 400ml can coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 x medium whole chicken (around 1.8kg)
- 500g baby potatoes
- 4 large carrots
- 2 large red onions, quartered
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, finely sliced
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Whisk the red curry paste, coconut milk, fish sauce and brown sugar together in a jug until combined.
- To butterfly the chicken, cut down either side of the backbone and remove it. Turn the chicken over and flatten out the breastbone with the heel of your hand.
- Place the carrots onto the base of a roasting tray and top with the chicken. Scatter over the baby potatoes, onions and pour over the curry paste mixture.
- Roast in the oven for 1 hour, or until the chicken is deep golden and the potatoes are cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and scatter with kaffir lime before serving.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Chardonnay or Pinot Noir.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...