2 – 4 people
- 1 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic EVOO
- 150gm baby spinach
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 50gm Greek feta
- 50gm firm ricotta
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 sheet puff pastry, slightly thawed
- 150gm Philadelphia Spreadable Cream Cheese
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- Pre heat oven to 180C. Line 2 flat baking trays with baking paper.
- Heat oil in a pan over a medium heat and cook spinach until wilted and reduced in size by half.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and allow to cool slightly. Add the spring onions, garlic powder and season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the fetta, ricotta and nutmeg in a small bowl and mash together.
- Lay the pastry out onto a work bench and spread a layer of cream cheese evenly over the pastry, leaving a 1 inch panel on one side. Scatter the spinach mixture over the cream cheese and top with a layer of fetta and ricotta. Tightly, and carefully, roll the pastry into a log toward the bare panel of pastry. Lightly brush the bare panel with egg wash and complete the roll to seal. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes to firm up slightly.
- Remove from the freezer, and using a sharp knife, slice the pastry into 2cm widths and lay them onto the baking trays. Leave enough room between each to allow for spreading. Lightly brush the tops with egg and place in the oven to bake for 35-45 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Remove and transfer to a wire rack to cool slightly. **You may need to swap the oven trays around in the oven if you are baking both trays at the same time, to allow for even cooking.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Rose.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...