2 – 4 people
- 1 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic EVOO
- 150gm baby spinach
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 50gm Greek feta
- 50gm firm ricotta
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 sheet puff pastry, slightly thawed
- 150gm Philadelphia Spreadable Cream Cheese
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- Pre heat oven to 180C. Line 2 flat baking trays with baking paper.
- Heat oil in a pan over a medium heat and cook spinach until wilted and reduced in size by half.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and allow to cool slightly. Add the spring onions, garlic powder and season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the fetta, ricotta and nutmeg in a small bowl and mash together.
- Lay the pastry out onto a work bench and spread a layer of cream cheese evenly over the pastry, leaving a 1 inch panel on one side. Scatter the spinach mixture over the cream cheese and top with a layer of fetta and ricotta. Tightly, and carefully, roll the pastry into a log toward the bare panel of pastry. Lightly brush the bare panel with egg wash and complete the roll to seal. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes to firm up slightly.
- Remove from the freezer, and using a sharp knife, slice the pastry into 2cm widths and lay them onto the baking trays. Leave enough room between each to allow for spreading. Lightly brush the tops with egg and place in the oven to bake for 35-45 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Remove and transfer to a wire rack to cool slightly. **You may need to swap the oven trays around in the oven if you are baking both trays at the same time, to allow for even cooking.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Rose.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...