Spinach & Ricotta Gnudi
4 – 6 people
- 2 cups Coles Ricotta cheese (fresh-from the deli)
- 2 cups baby spinach, wilted in pan, excess liquid removed
- 1 egg, plus 1 egg yolk, beaten
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- ½ cup finely grated Parmesan, from a block, plus extra for serving
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 2 cans Ardmona crushed tinned tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed and diced
- 1 tablespoon thyme, picked
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- parmesan cheese to serve
- Chop the spinach and mix together with the ricotta, egg, pepper, Parmesan and salt in a bowl until well combined. Add flour and stir until just combined and forms a soft ball. (the mixture will be soft with some lumps of ricotta remaining) Add more flour by the tablespoon until it doesn’t feel wet.)
- Dust a rimmed baking tray with flour. Gently using two dessert spoons, roll football shaped balls of mixture and place them onto the flour lined tray.
- For the tomato sauce, heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Cook the onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes, or until soft. Add in the thyme and tomato paste and cook for a further 2 minutes. Pour in the tinned tomatoes, sugar and a pinch of salt and simmer for 8 minutes to slightly thicken.
- Meanwhile cook the gnudi in salted boiling water for 4-5 minutes (they will float once cooked).
- Place the sauce into serving bowls and top with the gnudi. Sprinkle with extra Parmesan cheese.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...