Spinach & Ricotta Gnudi
4 – 6 people
- 2 cups Coles Ricotta cheese (fresh-from the deli)
- 2 cups baby spinach, wilted in pan, excess liquid removed
- 1 egg, plus 1 egg yolk, beaten
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- ½ cup finely grated Parmesan, from a block, plus extra for serving
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 2 cans Ardmona crushed tinned tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed and diced
- 1 tablespoon thyme, picked
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- parmesan cheese to serve
- Chop the spinach and mix together with the ricotta, egg, pepper, Parmesan and salt in a bowl until well combined. Add flour and stir until just combined and forms a soft ball. (the mixture will be soft with some lumps of ricotta remaining) Add more flour by the tablespoon until it doesn’t feel wet.)
- Dust a rimmed baking tray with flour. Gently using two dessert spoons, roll football shaped balls of mixture and place them onto the flour lined tray.
- For the tomato sauce, heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Cook the onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes, or until soft. Add in the thyme and tomato paste and cook for a further 2 minutes. Pour in the tinned tomatoes, sugar and a pinch of salt and simmer for 8 minutes to slightly thicken.
- Meanwhile cook the gnudi in salted boiling water for 4-5 minutes (they will float once cooked).
- Place the sauce into serving bowls and top with the gnudi. Sprinkle with extra Parmesan cheese.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...