Spinach & Ricotta Gnudi
4 – 6 people
- 2 cups Coles Ricotta cheese (fresh-from the deli)
- 2 cups baby spinach, wilted in pan, excess liquid removed
- 1 egg, plus 1 egg yolk, beaten
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- ½ cup finely grated Parmesan, from a block, plus extra for serving
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 2 cans Ardmona crushed tinned tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed and diced
- 1 tablespoon thyme, picked
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- parmesan cheese to serve
- Chop the spinach and mix together with the ricotta, egg, pepper, Parmesan and salt in a bowl until well combined. Add flour and stir until just combined and forms a soft ball. (the mixture will be soft with some lumps of ricotta remaining) Add more flour by the tablespoon until it doesn’t feel wet.)
- Dust a rimmed baking tray with flour. Gently using two dessert spoons, roll football shaped balls of mixture and place them onto the flour lined tray.
- For the tomato sauce, heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Cook the onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes, or until soft. Add in the thyme and tomato paste and cook for a further 2 minutes. Pour in the tinned tomatoes, sugar and a pinch of salt and simmer for 8 minutes to slightly thicken.
- Meanwhile cook the gnudi in salted boiling water for 4-5 minutes (they will float once cooked).
- Place the sauce into serving bowls and top with the gnudi. Sprinkle with extra Parmesan cheese.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...