Spring Quinoa Risotto with Grilled Chicken and Cashew Pesto
- 700g Coles chicken breast, trimmed
- 1 cup Coles quinoa flakes
- 80ml Cobram Olive oil
- 2 heads broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 cups (750ml) Massel chicken stock
- ¾ cup frozen peas, thawed
- ¼ cup unsalted roasted cashews, plus extra to serve
- 2 cups basil leaves, plus extra to serve
- 1/3 cup (25g) parmesan cheese, plus extra to serve
- 1 lemon to serve, zest & Juice
- Heat 20ml of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Season the chicken with sea salt and pepper. Cook for 4-5 minutes, or until golden and cooked through. Set aside to rest before slicing.
- Place the broccoli into a food processor and pulse until it resembles rice.
- Heat 20ml of oil in the same frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring 2-3 minutes, or until softened.
- Add the stock, broccoli, quinoa flakes and peas. Cook for 6-8 minutes or until bubbling and a porridge consistency.
- Place the cashews, basil, Parmesan and remaining oil in a food processor. Blend until a smooth paste forms.
- Add the pesto to the saucepan and stir to combine. Divide risotto into serving bowls and top with the sliced chicken, extra cashews, Parmesan, basil leaves, lemon zest and wedges.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...