Spring Quinoa Risotto with Grilled Chicken and Cashew Pesto
- 700g Coles chicken breast, trimmed
- 1 cup Coles quinoa flakes
- 80ml Cobram Olive oil
- 2 heads broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 cups (750ml) Massel chicken stock
- ¾ cup frozen peas, thawed
- ¼ cup unsalted roasted cashews, plus extra to serve
- 2 cups basil leaves, plus extra to serve
- 1/3 cup (25g) parmesan cheese, plus extra to serve
- 1 lemon to serve, zest & Juice
- Heat 20ml of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Season the chicken with sea salt and pepper. Cook for 4-5 minutes, or until golden and cooked through. Set aside to rest before slicing.
- Place the broccoli into a food processor and pulse until it resembles rice.
- Heat 20ml of oil in the same frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring 2-3 minutes, or until softened.
- Add the stock, broccoli, quinoa flakes and peas. Cook for 6-8 minutes or until bubbling and a porridge consistency.
- Place the cashews, basil, Parmesan and remaining oil in a food processor. Blend until a smooth paste forms.
- Add the pesto to the saucepan and stir to combine. Divide risotto into serving bowls and top with the sliced chicken, extra cashews, Parmesan, basil leaves, lemon zest and wedges.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...