2 – 4 people
- 200g Arborio Rice
- 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock
- 1 Onion, diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped.
- 100mLs Chardonnay
- 150g Peas
- 150g Green Beans, chopped
- 150g Snow Peas, chopped
- 150g Celery, diced
- 3 tablespoons of Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pinch of salt
- Coles Parmesan Cheese, to taste
- 50g Lurpak salted butter, plus extra for frying
- 2 tablespoons thickened Cream
- Goats cheese
- 1 bunch Watercress
- 100g Pumpkin Seeds
- In a pot over a hot stove, heat the stock to a rolling simmer.
- Take a pan and put over high heat. Add in butter and olive oil. Once butter has melted, add in onion and celery and stir as ingredients soften. Add in garlic and continue to stir. Do not brown ingredients. Add a pinch of salt, to taste, and continue to soften ingredients.
- Add rice to pan and fry off until rice is slightly darker in colour. Add in Chardonnay and continue to stir until all the liquid has evaporated.
- Add in a few tablespoons of hot stock to the pan and continue to stir. Repeat this process each time the liquid has evaporated from pan, until all stock has been used up.
- Add peas, snow peas and green beans to the pan, stirring though to lightly cook.
- Grate parmesan cheese over pan. Add in cream and butter and stir through so risotto is creamy.
- Serve risotto, topped with pieces of goat’s cheese, watercress leaves and pumpkin seeds.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Pinot Gris or Chardonnay.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...