Spring Vegetable Quiche
4 – 6 people
- 60ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 250gm plain flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 sprigs thyme, leaves picked
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 120ml cold water
SPRING VEGETABLE FILLING
- 1 Tbsp. Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ cup thickened cream
½ cup full cream milk
50gm Gruyere cheese, finely grated
1 small brown onion, finely sliced
1 zucchini, finely sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody base removed, stalks roughly chopped, tops set aside
free rangeeggs, lightly whisked
- 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
Salt and pepper
- In a mixing bowl add flour,
saltand herbs and stir to combine. Pour in olive oil and mix through with a fork. Gradually add inthe water and mix with your hands to form into a ball of dough. Do not overwork. Turn out onto a lightly floured bench, sprinkle dough and rolling pin with a small amount of flour and roll out to fit a loose-bottom lightly greased tart tin. Gently press the dough into the base, cornersand sides of the tart tin. Using a sharp knife, trim any excess pastry and prick the base and sides with a fork. Place in the refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Sauté onion for 1-2 minutes, stirring often. Add zucchini and season with a pinch of salt and cracked black pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes until softened. Add in the asparagus stalks and cook for a final 2 minutes. Set aside until required.
- Heat oven to 200C and blind bake pastry for approximately 20 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Remove the pastry from oven and decrease temperature to 160C.
- Spread spring vegetables out onto the base of the tart. In a mixing bowl combine eggs, cream,
milkand cheese and whisk together. Pour mixture into tart to cover the vegetables and scatter over the asparagus tips and cherry tomatoes. Place into the oven for approximately 20-25 minutes, or until filling is set. Transfer to a wire rack to cool and remove from tart tin. Serve warm or cold.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
Spanish Chorizo Traybake
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
Sweet Potato & Chicken Salad
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
Fijian Fish Curry
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
Japanese Soba Noodle Salad
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...