Spring Vegetable Quiche
4 – 6 people
- 60ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 250gm plain flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 sprigs thyme, leaves picked
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 120ml cold water
SPRING VEGETABLE FILLING
- 1 Tbsp. Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ cup thickened cream
½ cup full cream milk
50gm Gruyere cheese, finely grated
1 small brown onion, finely sliced
1 zucchini, finely sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody base removed, stalks roughly chopped, tops set aside
free rangeeggs, lightly whisked
- 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
Salt and pepper
- In a mixing bowl add flour,
saltand herbs and stir to combine. Pour in olive oil and mix through with a fork. Gradually add inthe water and mix with your hands to form into a ball of dough. Do not overwork. Turn out onto a lightly floured bench, sprinkle dough and rolling pin with a small amount of flour and roll out to fit a loose-bottom lightly greased tart tin. Gently press the dough into the base, cornersand sides of the tart tin. Using a sharp knife, trim any excess pastry and prick the base and sides with a fork. Place in the refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Sauté onion for 1-2 minutes, stirring often. Add zucchini and season with a pinch of salt and cracked black pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes until softened. Add in the asparagus stalks and cook for a final 2 minutes. Set aside until required.
- Heat oven to 200C and blind bake pastry for approximately 20 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Remove the pastry from oven and decrease temperature to 160C.
- Spread spring vegetables out onto the base of the tart. In a mixing bowl combine eggs, cream,
milkand cheese and whisk together. Pour mixture into tart to cover the vegetables and scatter over the asparagus tips and cherry tomatoes. Place into the oven for approximately 20-25 minutes, or until filling is set. Transfer to a wire rack to cool and remove from tart tin. Serve warm or cold.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...