Spring Vegetable Quiche
4 – 6 people
- 60ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 250gm plain flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 sprigs thyme, leaves picked
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 120ml cold water
SPRING VEGETABLE FILLING
- 1 Tbsp. Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ cup thickened cream
½ cup full cream milk
50gm Gruyere cheese, finely grated
1 small brown onion, finely sliced
1 zucchini, finely sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody base removed, stalks roughly chopped, tops set aside
free rangeeggs, lightly whisked
- 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
Salt and pepper
- In a mixing bowl add flour,
saltand herbs and stir to combine. Pour in olive oil and mix through with a fork. Gradually add inthe water and mix with your hands to form into a ball of dough. Do not overwork. Turn out onto a lightly floured bench, sprinkle dough and rolling pin with a small amount of flour and roll out to fit a loose-bottom lightly greased tart tin. Gently press the dough into the base, cornersand sides of the tart tin. Using a sharp knife, trim any excess pastry and prick the base and sides with a fork. Place in the refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Sauté onion for 1-2 minutes, stirring often. Add zucchini and season with a pinch of salt and cracked black pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes until softened. Add in the asparagus stalks and cook for a final 2 minutes. Set aside until required.
- Heat oven to 200C and blind bake pastry for approximately 20 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Remove the pastry from oven and decrease temperature to 160C.
- Spread spring vegetables out onto the base of the tart. In a mixing bowl combine eggs, cream,
milkand cheese and whisk together. Pour mixture into tart to cover the vegetables and scatter over the asparagus tips and cherry tomatoes. Place into the oven for approximately 20-25 minutes, or until filling is set. Transfer to a wire rack to cool and remove from tart tin. Serve warm or cold.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...