Steak and Red Wine Stew
Prep time 15mins
Cook time 2hrs
- 1 Pack of Coles Diced Graze Grass Fed Beef
- 2 tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 small Brown Onions, quartered
- 5 Garlic Cloves, halved
- 3 Thyme Sprigs
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 200g Small Button Mushrooms, quartered
- 1 cup Pizzini Pietra Rossa Sangiovese
- 1L Massel Liquid Beef Stock
- 1 Carrot, cut into 2cm rounds
- 30g Ballantyne Rolled Cultured Style Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup Frozen Peas
- 1 bunch of parsley, leaves picked and chopped divide in half
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- 1kg Baked Baby Potatoes, to serve
- Heat oil in a pan before adding beef and a pinch of salt, brown the beef off and then add half the onions and all the garlic, bay leaves, thyme and a pinch of pepper. Cook for 1-2 minutes before adding wine, bringing it up to a boil and then allowing to simmer and thicken slightly. Add beef stock and again bring up to the boil and down to simmer. Add in carrots, mushroom and butter and allow to simmer for 1.5-2 hours until the meat is falling off the bone and the sauce has thickened. Alternatively place in the oven for 1.5-2 hours at 140 C degrees. Just prior to serving add peas and parsley until warmed through.
- Serve with baked baby potatoes.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...