Steak and Red Wine Stew
Prep time 15mins
Cook time 2hrs
- 1 Pack of Coles Diced Graze Grass Fed Beef
- 2 tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 small Brown Onions, quartered
- 5 Garlic Cloves, halved
- 3 Thyme Sprigs
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 200g Small Button Mushrooms, quartered
- 1 cup Pizzini Pietra Rossa Sangiovese
- 1L Massel Liquid Beef Stock
- 1 Carrot, cut into 2cm rounds
- 30g Ballantyne Rolled Cultured Style Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup Frozen Peas
- 1 bunch of parsley, leaves picked and chopped divide in half
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- 1kg Baked Baby Potatoes, to serve
- Heat oil in a pan before adding beef and a pinch of salt, brown the beef off and then add half the onions and all the garlic, bay leaves, thyme and a pinch of pepper. Cook for 1-2 minutes before adding wine, bringing it up to a boil and then allowing to simmer and thicken slightly. Add beef stock and again bring up to the boil and down to simmer. Add in carrots, mushroom and butter and allow to simmer for 1.5-2 hours until the meat is falling off the bone and the sauce has thickened. Alternatively place in the oven for 1.5-2 hours at 140 C degrees. Just prior to serving add peas and parsley until warmed through.
- Serve with baked baby potatoes.
RECIPE BY:Kylie MillarSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:300g flour75g Lurpak Slightly Salted butter75g grated cheddar cheese50g vegemiteColes cling wrapMETHOD:Place all ingredients, except the water, into a food processor and blitz until it resembles fine...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1/4 cup pomegranate molasses Juice of 1 lemon 1/3 cup Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Salt 1 bunch mint, picked 1 bunch parsley, picked 1 bunch coriander, picked 1 red onion, diced 1 bunch...
View Khanh's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...
View Michael's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...
View Courtney's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...
View Sashi's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...