2 – 4 people
- 2 x 280g Coles finest Porterhouse (Sirloin) steaks, at room temperature
- 400g Desiree potatoes, roughly chopped
- 40ml Cobram Estate Classic EVOO
- 2 cups baby cos lettuce leaves, picked
- 50g Lurpak slightly salted butter
HERB BUTTER SAUCE:
- 1 bunch chives, chopped
- ¼ bunch flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- ¼ bunch dill, roughly chopped
- 1 Tablespoon thyme, leaves picked
- 1 green shallot/scallion, roughly chopped
- 1 heaped teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon honey
- To make the tarragon sauce, place all the ingredients into the jug of a stick blender. Season, then blitz until smooth and bright green. Add a little olive oil or water if the mixture is too thick to blend. Set aside.
- Pre heat the oven to 200 degrees C fan bake. Place the potatoes into a pot of cold salted water and place onto a medium heat. Bring up to a simmer and cook the potatoes for 10 minutes. Drain and toss the potatoes in the pot with the lid on rough up the edges. Drizzle with oil and place onto a lined oven tray. Season with sea salt and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden and crisp.
- Meanwhile heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium/high heat. Season the steaks and cook on the fat strip for 3 minutes to render out some of the natural fat. Cook the steaks for 3-4 minutes each cut side, or until cooked to your liking. Remove from the pan and allow the steaks to rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Place the butter into the same steak pan and melt over a gentle heat. Add in the tarragon sauce to warm through.
- Place the sliced steak onto serving plates along with the crispy frites, cos lettuce and drizzle over the warm tarragon sauce.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Shiraz Cabernet or Chardonnay.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...