2 – 4 people
- 2 x 280g Coles finest Porterhouse (Sirloin) steaks, at room temperature
- 400g Desiree potatoes, roughly chopped
- 40ml Cobram Estate Classic EVOO
- 2 cups baby cos lettuce leaves, picked
- 50g Lurpak slightly salted butter
HERB BUTTER SAUCE:
- 1 bunch chives, chopped
- ¼ bunch flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- ¼ bunch dill, roughly chopped
- 1 Tablespoon thyme, leaves picked
- 1 green shallot/scallion, roughly chopped
- 1 heaped teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon honey
- To make the tarragon sauce, place all the ingredients into the jug of a stick blender. Season, then blitz until smooth and bright green. Add a little olive oil or water if the mixture is too thick to blend. Set aside.
- Pre heat the oven to 200 degrees C fan bake. Place the potatoes into a pot of cold salted water and place onto a medium heat. Bring up to a simmer and cook the potatoes for 10 minutes. Drain and toss the potatoes in the pot with the lid on rough up the edges. Drizzle with oil and place onto a lined oven tray. Season with sea salt and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden and crisp.
- Meanwhile heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium/high heat. Season the steaks and cook on the fat strip for 3 minutes to render out some of the natural fat. Cook the steaks for 3-4 minutes each cut side, or until cooked to your liking. Remove from the pan and allow the steaks to rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Place the butter into the same steak pan and melt over a gentle heat. Add in the tarragon sauce to warm through.
- Place the sliced steak onto serving plates along with the crispy frites, cos lettuce and drizzle over the warm tarragon sauce.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Shiraz Cabernet or Chardonnay.
RECIPE BY:Kylie MillarSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:300g flour75g Lurpak Slightly Salted butter75g grated cheddar cheese50g vegemiteColes cling wrapMETHOD:Place all ingredients, except the water, into a food processor and blitz until it resembles fine...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1/4 cup pomegranate molasses Juice of 1 lemon 1/3 cup Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Salt 1 bunch mint, picked 1 bunch parsley, picked 1 bunch coriander, picked 1 red onion, diced 1 bunch...
View Khanh's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...
View Michael's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...
View Courtney's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...
View Sashi's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...