Steamed Barramundi with Red Curry
- 90 ml Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tin red curry paste
- 100 gm palm sugar
- 100 ml fish sauce
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 500 ml Massel Salt-Reduced Liquid Chicken Stock
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 limes
- 6 100gm portions Barramundi, skin off
- 1 bunch Thai basil leaves
- 1 bunch Vietnamese mint leaves
- 1 bunch coriander leaves
- 1 bunch spring onion, finely sliced
- 250 gm bean shoots
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. grated palm sugar
- 1 inch ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- 2 Tbsp. fish sauce
- Heat oil in a heavy based saucepan over medium-high heat. Add curry paste and fry until it begins to deepen in colour and release the oil, approximately 6-8 minutes.
- Add palm sugar and fish sauce, stirring until dissolved. Add coconut milk, chicken stock and kaffir lime leaves and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for approximately 15 minutes to thicken and intensify flavour. Adjust seasoning to taste with sugar, fish sauce and lime juice.
- Prepare a bamboo steamer over boiling water and steam Barramundi fillets for 8-10 minutes. Season with salt.
- In a food processor add lemon juice, lime juice, palm sugar, ginger, garlic and fish sauce and blitz until combined. Adjust to taste. Strain. Dress herbs just before serving.
- To serve, place red curry sauce on the base of bowl, add Barramundi fillet and top with dressed herbs.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...