Steamed Barramundi with Red Curry
- 90 ml Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tin red curry paste
- 100 gm palm sugar
- 100 ml fish sauce
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 500 ml Massel Salt-Reduced Liquid Chicken Stock
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 limes
- 6 100gm portions Barramundi, skin off
- 1 bunch Thai basil leaves
- 1 bunch Vietnamese mint leaves
- 1 bunch coriander leaves
- 1 bunch spring onion, finely sliced
- 250 gm bean shoots
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. grated palm sugar
- 1 inch ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- 2 Tbsp. fish sauce
- Heat oil in a heavy based saucepan over medium-high heat. Add curry paste and fry until it begins to deepen in colour and release the oil, approximately 6-8 minutes.
- Add palm sugar and fish sauce, stirring until dissolved. Add coconut milk, chicken stock and kaffir lime leaves and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for approximately 15 minutes to thicken and intensify flavour. Adjust seasoning to taste with sugar, fish sauce and lime juice.
- Prepare a bamboo steamer over boiling water and steam Barramundi fillets for 8-10 minutes. Season with salt.
- In a food processor add lemon juice, lime juice, palm sugar, ginger, garlic and fish sauce and blitz until combined. Adjust to taste. Strain. Dress herbs just before serving.
- To serve, place red curry sauce on the base of bowl, add Barramundi fillet and top with dressed herbs.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...