Steamed Barramundi with Red Curry
- 90 ml Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tin red curry paste
- 100 gm palm sugar
- 100 ml fish sauce
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 500 ml Massel Salt-Reduced Liquid Chicken Stock
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 limes
- 6 100gm portions Barramundi, skin off
- 1 bunch Thai basil leaves
- 1 bunch Vietnamese mint leaves
- 1 bunch coriander leaves
- 1 bunch spring onion, finely sliced
- 250 gm bean shoots
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. grated palm sugar
- 1 inch ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- 2 Tbsp. fish sauce
- Heat oil in a heavy based saucepan over medium-high heat. Add curry paste and fry until it begins to deepen in colour and release the oil, approximately 6-8 minutes.
- Add palm sugar and fish sauce, stirring until dissolved. Add coconut milk, chicken stock and kaffir lime leaves and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for approximately 15 minutes to thicken and intensify flavour. Adjust seasoning to taste with sugar, fish sauce and lime juice.
- Prepare a bamboo steamer over boiling water and steam Barramundi fillets for 8-10 minutes. Season with salt.
- In a food processor add lemon juice, lime juice, palm sugar, ginger, garlic and fish sauce and blitz until combined. Adjust to taste. Strain. Dress herbs just before serving.
- To serve, place red curry sauce on the base of bowl, add Barramundi fillet and top with dressed herbs.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...