Steamed Fish with Soy Bean Sauce
- 1 whole pomfret (sold at most Asian fish mongers)
- Salt to season
- 2 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Fermented Soybean Paste
- 1⁄2 tsp Sugar
- Ginger, julienned
- 1 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Salt Reduced Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp hot shallot oil (optional), hot oil will suffice
- Fried shallots
- Spring onions, thinly sliced
- Coriander leaves
- Cooked jasmine rice
- Clean the fish and pat dry. Rub salt all over the fish
- Place some ginger on a steaming dish and place the fish on top.
- Spoon over bean paste on top of the fish. Sprinkle sugar and ginger over the top.
- Bring water in the steamer to a boil and steam fish over high heat for 10-12 minutes.
- While the fish is steaming halfway, heat shallot oil and soy sauce in a wok.
- Remove fish from the steamer, pour away excess steaming liquid.
- Drizzle hot shallot oil and soy sauce mixture over. Garnish with some fried shallots, spring onions and coriander leaves and serve with some jasmine rice!
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...