Steamed Fish with Soy Bean Sauce
- 1 whole pomfret (sold at most Asian fish mongers)
- Salt to season
- 2 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Fermented Soybean Paste
- 1⁄2 tsp Sugar
- Ginger, julienned
- 1 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Salt Reduced Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp hot shallot oil (optional), hot oil will suffice
- Fried shallots
- Spring onions, thinly sliced
- Coriander leaves
- Cooked jasmine rice
- Clean the fish and pat dry. Rub salt all over the fish
- Place some ginger on a steaming dish and place the fish on top.
- Spoon over bean paste on top of the fish. Sprinkle sugar and ginger over the top.
- Bring water in the steamer to a boil and steam fish over high heat for 10-12 minutes.
- While the fish is steaming halfway, heat shallot oil and soy sauce in a wok.
- Remove fish from the steamer, pour away excess steaming liquid.
- Drizzle hot shallot oil and soy sauce mixture over. Garnish with some fried shallots, spring onions and coriander leaves and serve with some jasmine rice!
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...