Superfood Schnitzel and Kale Slaw
- 4 x Coles boneless chicken thighs, trimmed
- 5 cup almond meal
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup Coles chia seeds
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Sea salt to season
- ½ cup Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive oil for frying
- ½ cup ZoOSh Coleslaw dressing
- 1 lime to serve
- 2 cups savoy cabbage, finely sliced
- 1 cup curly kale, finely chopped
- 1 granny smith apple, finely sliced
- 2 green shallots, sliced
- 1 cup broccoli stems, trimmed, julienne
- ½ cup mint, leaves picked
- Heat oil in a deep-sided frying pan to 160 degrees.
- Place the almond meal, chia seeds, coconut and a pinch of sea salt into a large bowl. Mix together the egg and turmeric until well combined. Dip the chicken thighs into the egg mixture and then into the chia mixture to get a good coating on the chicken.
- Fry the chicken schnitzels in the oil for 3 minutes each side, or until golden and crispy. Remove from the oil and place onto kitchen paper towel to drain.
- Meanwhile place all the slaw ingredients into a large bowl along with a pinch of sea salt, pour over the coleslaw dressing and toss well to coat.
- Place the chicken schnitzel onto a serving plate with the apple slaw and extra lime wedges. Enjoy!
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...