Superfood Schnitzel and Kale Slaw
- 4 x Coles boneless chicken thighs, trimmed
- 5 cup almond meal
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup Coles chia seeds
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Sea salt to season
- ½ cup Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive oil for frying
- ½ cup ZoOSh Coleslaw dressing
- 1 lime to serve
- 2 cups savoy cabbage, finely sliced
- 1 cup curly kale, finely chopped
- 1 granny smith apple, finely sliced
- 2 green shallots, sliced
- 1 cup broccoli stems, trimmed, julienne
- ½ cup mint, leaves picked
- Heat oil in a deep-sided frying pan to 160 degrees.
- Place the almond meal, chia seeds, coconut and a pinch of sea salt into a large bowl. Mix together the egg and turmeric until well combined. Dip the chicken thighs into the egg mixture and then into the chia mixture to get a good coating on the chicken.
- Fry the chicken schnitzels in the oil for 3 minutes each side, or until golden and crispy. Remove from the oil and place onto kitchen paper towel to drain.
- Meanwhile place all the slaw ingredients into a large bowl along with a pinch of sea salt, pour over the coleslaw dressing and toss well to coat.
- Place the chicken schnitzel onto a serving plate with the apple slaw and extra lime wedges. Enjoy!
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...