2 – 4 people
- 2 large sweet potatoes, sliced into wedges
- 1 cup Cobram Estate Classic EVOO
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 400g lupin flake
- 2 tablespoons hulled tahini
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Coles cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup Massel vegetable Stock
- 1⁄4 cup ice-cold water
- juice of 1 lemon
- freshly ground black pepper
- 16 baby amoroso truss tomatoes
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 2 tablespoons Cobram Estate Classic EVOO
- sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 bunch of flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- sourdough, grilled
- For the Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Place the sweet potato on a baking tray with a drizzle of olive oil, a sprinkling of salt and ½ a teaspoon of ground cumin and roast for 20-30 minutes until cooked through and slightly caramelised.
- Combine the soaked lupin, tahini, garlic, the cayenne pepper, the remaining salt and ground cumin and the vegetable stock in a blender and blitz. Do not expect the mixture to immediately blend smooth. It may take a number of times blitzing and stirring, adding a little olive oil each time to get a more even blend.
- Add the sweet potato to the blender and blitz again. Gradually pour in the ice-cold water and blitz until the consistency you desire. Season to taste with the lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- Spoon the hummus into a large bowl and, using the back of the spoon, guide to the outside of the dish as you turn the bowl with your other hand – this creates a well. Pour a drizzle of olive oil into the well, sprinkle on the herbs, pine nuts and a pinch of salt.
- Once the sweet potato has cooked, reduce the oven temperature to 140°C.
- Place the tomatoes in an ovenproof dish so they are snug and, as evenly as possible, scatter on the garlic.
- Drizzle on the olive oil, season with salt and pepper and roast for an hour until soft and tender.
- Serve the hummus and tomatoes on a platter with grilled sourdough.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Chardonnay or Pinot Grigio.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
Spanish Chorizo Traybake
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
Sweet Potato & Chicken Salad
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
Fijian Fish Curry
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
Japanese Soba Noodle Salad
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...