2 – 4 people
- 2 large sweet potatoes, sliced into wedges
- 1 cup Cobram Estate Classic EVOO
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 400g lupin flake
- 2 tablespoons hulled tahini
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Coles cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup Massel vegetable Stock
- 1⁄4 cup ice-cold water
- juice of 1 lemon
- freshly ground black pepper
- 16 baby amoroso truss tomatoes
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 2 tablespoons Cobram Estate Classic EVOO
- sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 bunch of flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- sourdough, grilled
- For the Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Place the sweet potato on a baking tray with a drizzle of olive oil, a sprinkling of salt and ½ a teaspoon of ground cumin and roast for 20-30 minutes until cooked through and slightly caramelised.
- Combine the soaked lupin, tahini, garlic, the cayenne pepper, the remaining salt and ground cumin and the vegetable stock in a blender and blitz. Do not expect the mixture to immediately blend smooth. It may take a number of times blitzing and stirring, adding a little olive oil each time to get a more even blend.
- Add the sweet potato to the blender and blitz again. Gradually pour in the ice-cold water and blitz until the consistency you desire. Season to taste with the lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- Spoon the hummus into a large bowl and, using the back of the spoon, guide to the outside of the dish as you turn the bowl with your other hand – this creates a well. Pour a drizzle of olive oil into the well, sprinkle on the herbs, pine nuts and a pinch of salt.
- Once the sweet potato has cooked, reduce the oven temperature to 140°C.
- Place the tomatoes in an ovenproof dish so they are snug and, as evenly as possible, scatter on the garlic.
- Drizzle on the olive oil, season with salt and pepper and roast for an hour until soft and tender.
- Serve the hummus and tomatoes on a platter with grilled sourdough.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Chardonnay or Pinot Grigio.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...