2 – 4 people
- 500g Birds Eye Diced Sweet Potato, at room temperature
- ½ cup Plain Flour, plus extra for board.
- 2 cups Wholemeal Flour
- 1 tbs Baking Powder
- 1 Pinch of Salt
- 1/2 bunch of Coles Chives, chopped
- 100g Coles Vintage Cheddar Cheese, grated
- ¾ cup milk
- 50g cold butter
- 1 Pack Coles Smoked Salmon
- 1 Tub Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1 jar of salmon roe
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- In a mixing bowl, add wholemeal flour, plain flour, baking powder and butter. Using your hands, break up the butter through the flour so the flour becomes almost breadcrumb-like in texture. Add the cheddar cheese, chives, sweet potato and salt and fold through. Add in the milk and fold through until the dough comes together.
- Add the scone dough to a floured chopping board and sprinkle more flour on top of the dough. Roll into a square with a thickness of approximately 2 cm. Slice into 4 x 4 cm squares (or using a cookie cutter, cut into rounds).
- Place scones onto a lined baking tray, brush the tops of the scones with a dash of milk and bake in the oven for about 10 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- To serve, add smoked salmon and cream cheese and chives to your scone.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...