2 – 4 people
- 500g Coles Greek yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely grated
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon Coles ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Coles ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Coles ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- Sea salt to season
- 12 large Coles boneless, skinless RSPCA approved chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons mango chutney (from a jar)
- 2 Lebanese cucumber, sliced into thin ribbons
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, sprigs picked
- 2 small red onions, peeled, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- To pickle the onions, place the onions in a small bowl and add in the salt, vinegar and sugar. Mix to dissolve the sugar and set aside for 20 minutes to pickle.
- Meanwhile, pre heat the oven to 180 degrees C. Place 250g of the yoghurt into a bowl and whisk in the lemon juice, garlic, ginger, paprika, garam masala, cumin, turmeric, coriander, chilli and sea salt until well combined. Coat the chicken in the spiced yoghurt mixture and place in a single layer on a lined shallow oven tray. Bake the chicken for 35-40 minutes, or until golden and cooked through. Remove chicken from the oven and dollop over the remaining yoghurt, mango chutney, cucumber ribbons and dill. Drain the onions from the pickling liquid and scatter over the top of the chicken. Serve warm with steamed basmati rice and steamed greens.
- *Mango chutney is from the Indian section of supermarkets.
- *For a cheats short-cut, you can use store bought tandoori paste and simply mix it into the yoghurt, omitting the spices and aromatics from the recipe!
Our friends from Wine Selectors suggest that a Pinot Gris or a Rose would be perfect matches for this dish.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...