2 – 4 people
- 500g Coles Greek yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely grated
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon Coles ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Coles ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Coles ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- Sea salt to season
- 12 large Coles boneless, skinless RSPCA approved chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons mango chutney (from a jar)
- 2 Lebanese cucumber, sliced into thin ribbons
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, sprigs picked
- 2 small red onions, peeled, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- To pickle the onions, place the onions in a small bowl and add in the salt, vinegar and sugar. Mix to dissolve the sugar and set aside for 20 minutes to pickle.
- Meanwhile, pre heat the oven to 180 degrees C. Place 250g of the yoghurt into a bowl and whisk in the lemon juice, garlic, ginger, paprika, garam masala, cumin, turmeric, coriander, chilli and sea salt until well combined. Coat the chicken in the spiced yoghurt mixture and place in a single layer on a lined shallow oven tray. Bake the chicken for 35-40 minutes, or until golden and cooked through. Remove chicken from the oven and dollop over the remaining yoghurt, mango chutney, cucumber ribbons and dill. Drain the onions from the pickling liquid and scatter over the top of the chicken. Serve warm with steamed basmati rice and steamed greens.
- *Mango chutney is from the Indian section of supermarkets.
- *For a cheats short-cut, you can use store bought tandoori paste and simply mix it into the yoghurt, omitting the spices and aromatics from the recipe!
Our friends from Wine Selectors suggest that a Pinot Gris or a Rose would be perfect matches for this dish.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
Spanish Chorizo Traybake
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
Sweet Potato & Chicken Salad
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
Fijian Fish Curry
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
Japanese Soba Noodle Salad
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...