2 – 4 people
- ¼ cup Lee Kum Kee light soy sauce
- ¼ cup Obento mirin
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 inch piece ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 350gm firm tofu
- 3 Tbsp oil
- 1 head broccoli florets, stalk chopped
- 200gm snow peas, halved
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Cobram Estate EVOO for frying
- Add the soy, mirin, sugar, ginger and garlic to a small saucepan and place over a medium heat. Bring to boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer to thicken slightly, approximately 6-7 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning if required. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Dice the tofu into large bite-sized pieces and place in a bowl with half of the teriyaki sauce, toss to coat and allow to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Heat 2 Tbsp of oil in a wok over high heat until shiny. Fry the tofu in batches until golden and crisp along the edges, approximately 3-5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon. Return the wok to the heat and add the remaining oil. Once oil is hot, fry off the broccoli stalks and florets, stirring continuously until fork tender, approximately 3 minutes. Add the snow peas and toss to warm through for a further 1 minute. Return the tofu to the pan, along with remaining teriyaki sauce and stir until warmed through. Remove from the heat, add the shallots and sesame seeds and toss to combine. Divide into serving bowls and serve with rice if preferred.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Grenache Blends or Pinot Noir
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
Spanish Chorizo Traybake
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
Sweet Potato & Chicken Salad
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
Fijian Fish Curry
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
Japanese Soba Noodle Salad
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...