2 – 4 people
- 1kg pumpkin, diced
- 500g carrot, diced
- 1L vegetable stock
- 2 thumb size pieces of ginger
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 thai chillis,
- 2 lemongrass sticks
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- Juice of 1 lime, extra to taste and for garnish
- 1 bunch coriander
- Fried shallots
- Bean shoots
- Shaved coconut
- Put a large pot over a stove. Add pumpkin, carrot and vegetable stock.
- Bruise lemongrass sticks and bend or break them, before adding them into the pot. Roughly tear up kaffir lime leaves, roughly slice ginger and garlic and add to pot. Halve one chili lengthways and put both halves into the pot.
- Bring pot to a rapid boil and then reduce to a simmer. Allow to cook for around 20-25 minutes, or until vegetables have softened.
- Once vegetables have softened, take off heat. With tongs, remove lemongrass, lime leaves and chilies. Using a stick blender, blend vegetables until smooth.
- Add in coconut cream. Season soup with fish sauce and lime juice to taste.
- In a small pan over a stove, toast coconut off. And set aside.
- To serve, place a handful of bean shoots in a bowl. Ladle soup over the top to cover bean shoots. Thinly slice remaining chili and use as garnish soup, along with fried shallots, coriander leaves, coconut, extra bean shoots and extra lime.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Gewürztraminer or Viognier.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...