2 – 4 people
- 1kg pumpkin, diced
- 500g carrot, diced
- 1L vegetable stock
- 2 thumb size pieces of ginger
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 thai chillis,
- 2 lemongrass sticks
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- Juice of 1 lime, extra to taste and for garnish
- 1 bunch coriander
- Fried shallots
- Bean shoots
- Shaved coconut
- Put a large pot over a stove. Add pumpkin, carrot and vegetable stock.
- Bruise lemongrass sticks and bend or break them, before adding them into the pot. Roughly tear up kaffir lime leaves, roughly slice ginger and garlic and add to pot. Halve one chili lengthways and put both halves into the pot.
- Bring pot to a rapid boil and then reduce to a simmer. Allow to cook for around 20-25 minutes, or until vegetables have softened.
- Once vegetables have softened, take off heat. With tongs, remove lemongrass, lime leaves and chilies. Using a stick blender, blend vegetables until smooth.
- Add in coconut cream. Season soup with fish sauce and lime juice to taste.
- In a small pan over a stove, toast coconut off. And set aside.
- To serve, place a handful of bean shoots in a bowl. Ladle soup over the top to cover bean shoots. Thinly slice remaining chili and use as garnish soup, along with fried shallots, coriander leaves, coconut, extra bean shoots and extra lime.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Gewürztraminer or Viognier.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...