2 – 4 people
- 8 large slices Coles Finest Select Rye Bread
- 500gm corned beef, sliced
- 250gm sauerkraut
- 4 dill pickles, sliced
- 8 slices Coles Swiss cheese
- 2 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic EVOO
- 2 Tbsp Lurpak butter, melted
- 185gm ZoOSh Gherkin Dip
- 3 Tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- 1 tsp horseradish, finely grated
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 170C.
- Sprinkle the corned beef slices with a small amount of water, stack them and wrap up in aluminium foil. Place in the oven to steam until warmed through.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dressing. Combine all the dressing ingredients in a bowl and mix well to combine. Season with lemon juice and adjust the taste with extra tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce or lemon juice if required. The sauce should be creamy and tangy.
- Remove the corned beef from the oven and carefully open the parcel. Lay the bread slices out on a work surface and spread a generous layer of dressing on each one. Divide the sliced corned beef between half of the slices of bread, add a layer of sauerkraut, followed by a layer of sliced pickle and 2 slices of cheese. Season with freshly cracked black pepper and top each of the sandwiches with the other slices of bread.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy-based pan over a high heat. Brush the tops of the sandwiches with butter and place the in the pan (butter side-down). If possible, place a weight (eg. a heavy pot) on top and cook for 5-7 minutes or until the under side is golden. Remove the weight and brush the top side with butter before flipping over. Cook for a further 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the underside is golden and crisp. Transfer to a chopping board and cut in half diagonally. Repeat with remaining sandwiches.
- Serve hot with extra dressing on the side if desired.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Barbera or Montepulciano
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
Spanish Chorizo Traybake
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
Sweet Potato & Chicken Salad
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
Fijian Fish Curry
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
Japanese Soba Noodle Salad
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...