2 – 4 people
- 8 large slices Coles Finest Select Rye Bread
- 500gm corned beef, sliced
- 250gm sauerkraut
- 4 dill pickles, sliced
- 8 slices Coles Swiss cheese
- 2 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic EVOO
- 2 Tbsp Lurpak butter, melted
- 185gm ZoOSh Gherkin Dip
- 3 Tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- 1 tsp horseradish, finely grated
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 170C.
- Sprinkle the corned beef slices with a small amount of water, stack them and wrap up in aluminium foil. Place in the oven to steam until warmed through.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dressing. Combine all the dressing ingredients in a bowl and mix well to combine. Season with lemon juice and adjust the taste with extra tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce or lemon juice if required. The sauce should be creamy and tangy.
- Remove the corned beef from the oven and carefully open the parcel. Lay the bread slices out on a work surface and spread a generous layer of dressing on each one. Divide the sliced corned beef between half of the slices of bread, add a layer of sauerkraut, followed by a layer of sliced pickle and 2 slices of cheese. Season with freshly cracked black pepper and top each of the sandwiches with the other slices of bread.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy-based pan over a high heat. Brush the tops of the sandwiches with butter and place the in the pan (butter side-down). If possible, place a weight (eg. a heavy pot) on top and cook for 5-7 minutes or until the under side is golden. Remove the weight and brush the top side with butter before flipping over. Cook for a further 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the underside is golden and crisp. Transfer to a chopping board and cut in half diagonally. Repeat with remaining sandwiches.
- Serve hot with extra dressing on the side if desired.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Barbera or Montepulciano
RECIPE BY:Kylie MillarSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:300g flour75g Lurpak Slightly Salted butter75g grated cheddar cheese50g vegemiteColes cling wrapMETHOD:Place all ingredients, except the water, into a food processor and blitz until it resembles fine...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1/4 cup pomegranate molasses Juice of 1 lemon 1/3 cup Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Salt 1 bunch mint, picked 1 bunch parsley, picked 1 bunch coriander, picked 1 red onion, diced 1 bunch...
View Khanh's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...
View Michael's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...
View Courtney's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...
View Sashi's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...