Tomato And Egg Curry
Based on a Burmese style curry. Gluten free. Comforting, but light enough to enjoy in warmer weather. Budget friendly midweek meal or meatless Monday! It can be served hot or cold. Frying the eggs in the oil is a quick & fun way to create a nice blistered texture on the outside of the eggs to soak up the sauce.
- 4 Coles X-Large Free Range Eggs
- 2 cans Ardmona Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons KEEN’s Curry Powder
- ½ teaspoon KEEN’s Chilli Powder
- 100ml Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 French/golden shallots, peeled and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 long green chili, sliced
- Crisp baby Cos lettuce leaves to serve
- 2 Simpson’s Pantry Regular Premium White Wraps, grilled hot to serve
- Boil the eggs in salted water for 10 minutes, or until hard boiled. Remove the eggs and place into iced water to cool, then peel and pat dry.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add in the turmeric and fry the eggs for 2-3 minutes, turning so all sides are golden and blistered.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and place eggs onto a plate. Cut the eggs in half lengthways.
- Pour off all but 1 tablespoon of the oil out of the pan and place back onto a medium heat. Add the shallots, garlic, curry powder and chilli powder. Cook, stirring for 2 minutes, or until translucent. Add in the tomato paste, tinned tomatoes and simmer, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes, or until thickened. Season with the sugar, fish sauce and add in the green chilli and the eggs. Simmer for 3 minutes, or until warmed through. Serve hot or cold with Grilled flatbreads and crisp greens.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...