Tomato And Egg Curry
Based on a Burmese style curry. Gluten free. Comforting, but light enough to enjoy in warmer weather. Budget friendly midweek meal or meatless Monday! It can be served hot or cold. Frying the eggs in the oil is a quick & fun way to create a nice blistered texture on the outside of the eggs to soak up the sauce.
- 4 Coles X-Large Free Range Eggs
- 2 cans Ardmona Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons KEEN’s Curry Powder
- ½ teaspoon KEEN’s Chilli Powder
- 100ml Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 French/golden shallots, peeled and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 long green chili, sliced
- Crisp baby Cos lettuce leaves to serve
- 2 Simpson’s Pantry Regular Premium White Wraps, grilled hot to serve
- Boil the eggs in salted water for 10 minutes, or until hard boiled. Remove the eggs and place into iced water to cool, then peel and pat dry.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add in the turmeric and fry the eggs for 2-3 minutes, turning so all sides are golden and blistered.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and place eggs onto a plate. Cut the eggs in half lengthways.
- Pour off all but 1 tablespoon of the oil out of the pan and place back onto a medium heat. Add the shallots, garlic, curry powder and chilli powder. Cook, stirring for 2 minutes, or until translucent. Add in the tomato paste, tinned tomatoes and simmer, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes, or until thickened. Season with the sugar, fish sauce and add in the green chilli and the eggs. Simmer for 3 minutes, or until warmed through. Serve hot or cold with Grilled flatbreads and crisp greens.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...