Tomato And Egg Curry
Based on a Burmese style curry. Gluten free. Comforting, but light enough to enjoy in warmer weather. Budget friendly midweek meal or meatless Monday! It can be served hot or cold. Frying the eggs in the oil is a quick & fun way to create a nice blistered texture on the outside of the eggs to soak up the sauce.
- 4 Coles X-Large Free Range Eggs
- 2 cans Ardmona Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons KEEN’s Curry Powder
- ½ teaspoon KEEN’s Chilli Powder
- 100ml Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 French/golden shallots, peeled and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 long green chili, sliced
- Crisp baby Cos lettuce leaves to serve
- 2 Simpson’s Pantry Regular Premium White Wraps, grilled hot to serve
- Boil the eggs in salted water for 10 minutes, or until hard boiled. Remove the eggs and place into iced water to cool, then peel and pat dry.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add in the turmeric and fry the eggs for 2-3 minutes, turning so all sides are golden and blistered.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and place eggs onto a plate. Cut the eggs in half lengthways.
- Pour off all but 1 tablespoon of the oil out of the pan and place back onto a medium heat. Add the shallots, garlic, curry powder and chilli powder. Cook, stirring for 2 minutes, or until translucent. Add in the tomato paste, tinned tomatoes and simmer, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes, or until thickened. Season with the sugar, fish sauce and add in the green chilli and the eggs. Simmer for 3 minutes, or until warmed through. Serve hot or cold with Grilled flatbreads and crisp greens.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...