Tomato Soup with Chickpeas
- 2 Tbsp. Cobram Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 brown onions, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 tins Ardmona Whole tomatoes
- 1L Massel Vegetable Liquid stock
- 1 jar piquillo peppers, drained, roughly chopped
- 2-3 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp. ground coriander
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- ½ tbsp KEEN’s chilli powder
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 can chickpeas, drained, pat-dried
- ½ Tbsp. Cobram Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Keens chilli powder
- ½ tsp. ground coriander
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/3 cup Greek yoghurt
- 1/3 cup parsley leaves, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 200C and line a flat, rimmed baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the chickpeas, olive oil, spices, and a pinch of salt and freshly cracked black pepper and toss to coat evenly. Transfer to the lined baking tray and place in the oven to roast for 30-40 minutes, or until crunchy. Toss the chickpeas every 10 minutes to ensure even cooking. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add onions and sauté, without colouring until soft and translucent, approximately 6-7 minutes. Add in garlic and cook for a further 1-2 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste to coat onion and garlic before adding paprika, coriander, KEEN’s chilli powder and cumin. Pour in the tinned tomatoes, vegetable stock and piquillo peppers, stir to combine. Break up the tomatoes using a wooden spoon. Season with paprika and a generous pinch of salt and freshly cracked black pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Use a stick blender to blitz the soup until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning if required.
- Divide soup into serving bowls, top with a dollop of Greek yoghurt, freshly chopped parsley and a generous sprinkle of spiced chickpeas.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
Spanish Chorizo Traybake
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
Sweet Potato & Chicken Salad
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
Fijian Fish Curry
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
Japanese Soba Noodle Salad
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...