Tomato Soup with Chickpeas
- 2 Tbsp. Cobram Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 brown onions, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 tins Ardmona Whole tomatoes
- 1L Massel Vegetable Liquid stock
- 1 jar piquillo peppers, drained, roughly chopped
- 2-3 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp. ground coriander
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- ½ tbsp KEEN’s chilli powder
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 can chickpeas, drained, pat-dried
- ½ Tbsp. Cobram Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Keens chilli powder
- ½ tsp. ground coriander
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/3 cup Greek yoghurt
- 1/3 cup parsley leaves, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 200C and line a flat, rimmed baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the chickpeas, olive oil, spices, and a pinch of salt and freshly cracked black pepper and toss to coat evenly. Transfer to the lined baking tray and place in the oven to roast for 30-40 minutes, or until crunchy. Toss the chickpeas every 10 minutes to ensure even cooking. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add onions and sauté, without colouring until soft and translucent, approximately 6-7 minutes. Add in garlic and cook for a further 1-2 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste to coat onion and garlic before adding paprika, coriander, KEEN’s chilli powder and cumin. Pour in the tinned tomatoes, vegetable stock and piquillo peppers, stir to combine. Break up the tomatoes using a wooden spoon. Season with paprika and a generous pinch of salt and freshly cracked black pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Use a stick blender to blitz the soup until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning if required.
- Divide soup into serving bowls, top with a dollop of Greek yoghurt, freshly chopped parsley and a generous sprinkle of spiced chickpeas.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...