Tomato Soup with Chickpeas
- 2 Tbsp. Cobram Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 brown onions, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 tins Ardmona Whole tomatoes
- 1L Massel Vegetable Liquid stock
- 1 jar piquillo peppers, drained, roughly chopped
- 2-3 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp. ground coriander
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- ½ tbsp KEEN’s chilli powder
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 can chickpeas, drained, pat-dried
- ½ Tbsp. Cobram Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Keens chilli powder
- ½ tsp. ground coriander
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/3 cup Greek yoghurt
- 1/3 cup parsley leaves, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 200C and line a flat, rimmed baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the chickpeas, olive oil, spices, and a pinch of salt and freshly cracked black pepper and toss to coat evenly. Transfer to the lined baking tray and place in the oven to roast for 30-40 minutes, or until crunchy. Toss the chickpeas every 10 minutes to ensure even cooking. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add onions and sauté, without colouring until soft and translucent, approximately 6-7 minutes. Add in garlic and cook for a further 1-2 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste to coat onion and garlic before adding paprika, coriander, KEEN’s chilli powder and cumin. Pour in the tinned tomatoes, vegetable stock and piquillo peppers, stir to combine. Break up the tomatoes using a wooden spoon. Season with paprika and a generous pinch of salt and freshly cracked black pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Use a stick blender to blitz the soup until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning if required.
- Divide soup into serving bowls, top with a dollop of Greek yoghurt, freshly chopped parsley and a generous sprinkle of spiced chickpeas.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...