- 4 Coles pork loin medallions
- 8 slices Coles White Vienna bread
- 200gm plain flour
- 3 eggs
- 400gm panko crumbs
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 cup red cabbage, finely shredded
- ½ Tbsp. Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, extra for frying
- ½ Tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ tsp. KEEN’s Mustard Powder
- 2 ½ Tbsp. Lee Kum Kee Premium Soy Sauce
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- ¼ cup Worcestershire
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. mirin
- 1 clove garlic, peeled, grated
- 2 cm piece ginger, peeled, grated
- Preheat deep fryer to 200C.
- Lay out pork medallions onto a chopping board and cover with greaseproof paper. Using a mallet or rolling pin, beat the pork medallions to a thickness of 1cm.
- Set up a crumbing station using 3 shallow bowls or plates. In the first bowl, place the flour and season with a pinch of salt and cracked black pepper. In the second bowl, whisk the eggs until smooth and combined. Finally, place the panko crumb in the last bowl. Place pork into the flour and turn to coat both sides evenly, shake of excess and transfer to egg wash. Coat well and transfer to panko crumb. Transfer back to the egg wash and coat for a second time. Finish with the final panko coating, pressing down firmly to coat both sides. Transfer to a clean plate ready for frying.
- Place pork pieces in batches into the deep fryer. Fry until golden brown, turning once or twice to ensure even cooking, approximately 5-7 minutes. Transfer onto paper towel to drain any excess oil and lightly season with salt on both sides.
- Meanwhile, add all tonkatsu sauce ingredients, including KEEN’s Mustard Powder, to a small saucepan and place over a medium heat and bring to a light boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the sauce has reduced by 1/3, approximately 7-8 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
- In a small bowl add the cabbage, oil, lemon juice and season lightly with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- To assemble, lay out 4 buttered bread slices and place crumbed pork in the middle. Spoon over desired amount of tonkatsu sauce and top with shredded cabbage. Cover with remaining bread slices and cut off the crusts. Serve immediately.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...