- 4 Coles pork loin medallions
- 8 slices Coles White Vienna bread
- 200gm plain flour
- 3 eggs
- 400gm panko crumbs
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 cup red cabbage, finely shredded
- ½ Tbsp. Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, extra for frying
- ½ Tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ tsp. KEEN’s Mustard Powder
- 2 ½ Tbsp. Lee Kum Kee Premium Soy Sauce
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- ¼ cup Worcestershire
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. mirin
- 1 clove garlic, peeled, grated
- 2 cm piece ginger, peeled, grated
- Preheat deep fryer to 200C.
- Lay out pork medallions onto a chopping board and cover with greaseproof paper. Using a mallet or rolling pin, beat the pork medallions to a thickness of 1cm.
- Set up a crumbing station using 3 shallow bowls or plates. In the first bowl, place the flour and season with a pinch of salt and cracked black pepper. In the second bowl, whisk the eggs until smooth and combined. Finally, place the panko crumb in the last bowl. Place pork into the flour and turn to coat both sides evenly, shake of excess and transfer to egg wash. Coat well and transfer to panko crumb. Transfer back to the egg wash and coat for a second time. Finish with the final panko coating, pressing down firmly to coat both sides. Transfer to a clean plate ready for frying.
- Place pork pieces in batches into the deep fryer. Fry until golden brown, turning once or twice to ensure even cooking, approximately 5-7 minutes. Transfer onto paper towel to drain any excess oil and lightly season with salt on both sides.
- Meanwhile, add all tonkatsu sauce ingredients, including KEEN’s Mustard Powder, to a small saucepan and place over a medium heat and bring to a light boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the sauce has reduced by 1/3, approximately 7-8 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
- In a small bowl add the cabbage, oil, lemon juice and season lightly with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- To assemble, lay out 4 buttered bread slices and place crumbed pork in the middle. Spoon over desired amount of tonkatsu sauce and top with shredded cabbage. Cover with remaining bread slices and cut off the crusts. Serve immediately.
RECIPE BY:Kylie MillarSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:300g flour75g Lurpak Slightly Salted butter75g grated cheddar cheese50g vegemiteColes cling wrapMETHOD:Place all ingredients, except the water, into a food processor and blitz until it resembles fine...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1/4 cup pomegranate molasses Juice of 1 lemon 1/3 cup Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Salt 1 bunch mint, picked 1 bunch parsley, picked 1 bunch coriander, picked 1 red onion, diced 1 bunch...
View Khanh's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...
View Michael's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...
View Courtney's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...
View Sashi's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...