2 – 4 people
- 2 red onions, sliced into wedges
- 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways
- 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways
- 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large)
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and bruised
- ¼ cup Cobram Estate Classic EVOO
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 herbed pork sausages
- 3 Tbsp Lurpak unsalted butter
- 3 Tbsp Coles plain flour
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 cups Massel salt-reduced chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp whole grain mustard
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- In a large casserole or baking dish, scatter the vegetables, garlic and bay leaf and add the oil. Toss to coat and season with salt and pepper. Cover with foil and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven, turn the vegetables and add the sausages, tucking them in amongst the vegetables. Cover with foil and return to the oven for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and increase the heat to 200C for a final 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown and caramelised.
- Meanwhile, make the gravy. Melt the butter in a pan over a medium heat. Add the flour to make a roux, stirring continuously for 1-2 minutes. Pour in the wine and whisk until reduced. Add ½ of the stock and whisk until smooth. Add remaining stock and cook, whisking occasionally, for a further 5-6 minutes until thickened. Remove from the heat and add the honey, mustard and lemon juice and season to taste with salt and cracked pepper.
- Serve traybake in the middle of the table with mustard gravy and a leafy green salad on the side.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Sangiovese or Riesling.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
Spanish Chorizo Traybake
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
Sweet Potato & Chicken Salad
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
Fijian Fish Curry
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
Japanese Soba Noodle Salad
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...