2 – 4 people
- 2 red onions, sliced into wedges
- 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways
- 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways
- 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large)
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and bruised
- ¼ cup Cobram Estate Classic EVOO
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 herbed pork sausages
- 3 Tbsp Lurpak unsalted butter
- 3 Tbsp Coles plain flour
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 cups Massel salt-reduced chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp whole grain mustard
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- In a large casserole or baking dish, scatter the vegetables, garlic and bay leaf and add the oil. Toss to coat and season with salt and pepper. Cover with foil and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven, turn the vegetables and add the sausages, tucking them in amongst the vegetables. Cover with foil and return to the oven for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and increase the heat to 200C for a final 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown and caramelised.
- Meanwhile, make the gravy. Melt the butter in a pan over a medium heat. Add the flour to make a roux, stirring continuously for 1-2 minutes. Pour in the wine and whisk until reduced. Add ½ of the stock and whisk until smooth. Add remaining stock and cook, whisking occasionally, for a further 5-6 minutes until thickened. Remove from the heat and add the honey, mustard and lemon juice and season to taste with salt and cracked pepper.
- Serve traybake in the middle of the table with mustard gravy and a leafy green salad on the side.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Sangiovese or Riesling.
SERVING SIZE:2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS:1.5kg whole chickenMARINADE:1/2 cup ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (kecap manis)1/3 cup TCC Premium Coconut Milk6 kaffir lime leaves (thinly sliced)1 tsp cinnamon powder / 1 cinnamon stick (crushed)1 green chilli (finely sliced)1 tbsp ginger...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbs Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 400g Edgell Brown Lentils, rinsed and well drained 2 tbs baby capers, drained 1 small red onion, finely diced 1 Lebanese cucumber, finely diced 1 pomegranate,...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 18 Lamb cutlets Sea Salt Cobram Estate light EVOO YOGHURT SAUCE: 200g Greek yoghurt 1tbs Paprika 1tbs cumin powder Sea Salt HERB SAUCE: 1 bunch of Parsley 1 bunch of Basil 2 anchovies 1 cup Cobram...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 60gm sliced pancetta 1 tsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil ½ cup pistachios, roughly chopped 400gm brussel sprouts, thinly shredded 50 gm shaved parmesan cheese MUSTARD DRESSING: 1 tbsp...
RECIPE BY:Courtney Roulston and Scott McRaeSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS:12 fresh scallops in the half shell80g Lurpak butter, room temperature2 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated1 large clove garlic, grated2 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped1 green...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp cooking sake 2 Tbsp Coles soy sauce 1 inch piece ginger, peeled, finely grated 1 clove garlic, finely grated 4 chicken thighs, diced into 2 inch thick pieces 1/4 cup potato or corn starch** 1/4...