2 – 4 people
- 8 square wonton wrappers
- Cobram Estate EVOO for frying
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 300g sashimi-grade tuna, evenly cubed
- 1/2 cup Kewpie mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp wasabi paste
- 1 avocado, sliced finely
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- Mirco radish, optional for garnish
- Place a medium fry-pan over medium-high heat. Add 1-2 cm of EVOO to pan. Cut wonton into four square quarters. Fry wonton pieces for 10-20 seconds on each side, or until just golden. Remove from oil and allow to cool on absorbent paper.
- In bowl, mix together mayonnaise and wasabi until smooth.
- In another bowl, whisk together sesame oil, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sugar and sesame seeds. Add tuna and mix well. Marinade for around 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to serve, place crispy wontons on a serving platter. Top each one with a small dollop of wasabi mayonnaise and a slice of avocado. Add a spoonful of tuna. Garnish with spring onions and radish sprouts. Serve immediately.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Riesling or Semillon
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
Spanish Chorizo Traybake
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
Sweet Potato & Chicken Salad
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
Fijian Fish Curry
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
Japanese Soba Noodle Salad
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...