Twice Cooked Beef Short Ribs
Prep Time 10mins
Cook Time 2-2.5hrs
2 – 4 people
- 1 x Coles Beef Short Ribs
- 200mls Apple Juice
- 2tbs Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1tbs Mustard Powder
- 1tbs Smoked Paprika
- 1tbs Sea Salt
- 1tbs Black Pepper
- 1tbs Brown Sugar
- 1tsp Chilli Flakes
*1 pack Little Lucifer Ready To Use Smoking Wood Chips – Hickory & Mesquite Flavour
- Preheat an oven to 150C
- Combine the juice, vinegar, mustard powder, smoked paprika, sea salt, black pepper, brown sugar and chilli flakes in a bowl and whisk together.
- Place the beef ribs in a deep oven tray, pour over the juice liquid and cover with foil. Place in the oven and cook for 1.5-2hrs, until the meat is tender.
- Place the ribs onto a plate and in the fridge to chill and pour the liquid into sauce and reduce by half. When chilled, cut ribs between each bone.
- To prepare the barbecue, pierce the Little Lucifer pack with a fork and place straight onto the charcoal. Place the lid on to allow pack to smoke.
- On a barbecue or on a grill pan at home, once hot, place the ribs on the grill, glazing with the liquid reduction. Glaze and turn until evenly glazed and heated through.
- Serve with your favourite salad and enjoy.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...