2 – 4 people
- 300g flour
- 75g Lurpak Slightly Salted butter
- 75g grated cheddar cheese
- 50g vegemite
- Coles cling wrap
- Place all ingredients, except the water, into a food processor and blitz until it resembles fine breadcrumbs and starts to clump. Slowly add in water until it starts to pull away from sides. NOTE: you may not need all the water.
- Wrap in cling wrap and rest in fridge for minimum 30mins.
OX TAIL FILLING
- Ox tail 1kg
- 140 ml Cobram Estate Light EVOO
- 3 kg oxtail pieces
- 4 onions, thinly sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, very finely chopped
- 1L Massel chicken stock
- Egg for eggwash
- Preheat oven to 180C. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large casserole dish over low heat, add oxtail in batches and brown well all over (3-4 minutes), then transfer to a plate. Add remaining oil to casserole along with onion, garlic, and stock. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low again and simmer for 5 minutes. Return oxtail to pan, season to taste, cover and braise in oven until tender but still on the bone (2-2¼ hours).
- Pick meat off the bone, mix with a little of the leftover cooking liquid. Season with salt and leave to cool.
- To assemble pies, roll out pastry using a pasta machine or rolling pin. Cut into square and place a small piece of meat inside. Fold corners in and seal with an eggwash.
- Deep Fry at 180 degrees celcius or until golden brown.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a GSM blends or Shiraz
RECIPE BY:Courtney Roulston and Scott McRaeSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS:12 fresh scallops in the half shell80g Lurpak butter, room temperature2 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated1 large clove garlic, grated2 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped1 green...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp cooking sake 2 Tbsp Coles soy sauce 1 inch piece ginger, peeled, finely grated 1 clove garlic, finely grated 4 chicken thighs, diced into 2 inch thick pieces 1/4 cup potato or corn starch** 1/4...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 6 slices Coles Laurent Sourdough bread 1 tub Zoosh Sour Cream & Chives dip 100ml Cobram Estate classic EVOO 3 cups broccoli florets, finely chopped BASIL PESTO: 1 cup basil leaves 1/2 cup flat leaf...
RECIPE BY: Lillie Giang SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 tbsp water 1 cup red syrup 1 cup Valcom Water Chestnut Whole (cut into small, evenly, bite-sized pieces) 1 cup tapioca flour ½ cup water ½ cup sugar 1 cup TCC Premium Coconut Milk crushed ice a pinch of...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 packet (500g) Birds Eye Cauliflower Rice 1 Brown Onion diced 2 Garlic Cloves finely diced 1tbsp Ground Garam Masala 1tbsp Ground Cumin 1tbsp Ground Coriander 1tbsp Ground Tumeric 1tbsp Mustard Seeds 1...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan (Ikuei Arakane) SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 120g cabbage (finely chopped) 25g spring onion (finely chopped) 100g squid tube (finely chopped) 3 tbsp vegetable oil BATTER: 120g plain flour 1 tsp baking powder 2 eggs (size = 700g dozen)...