2 – 4 people
- 300g flour
- 75g Lurpak Slightly Salted butter
- 75g grated cheddar cheese
- 50g vegemite
- Coles cling wrap
- Place all ingredients, except the water, into a food processor and blitz until it resembles fine breadcrumbs and starts to clump. Slowly add in water until it starts to pull away from sides. NOTE: you may not need all the water.
- Wrap in cling wrap and rest in fridge for minimum 30mins.
OX TAIL FILLING
- Ox tail 1kg
- 140 ml Cobram Estate Light EVOO
- 3 kg oxtail pieces
- 4 onions, thinly sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, very finely chopped
- 1L Massel chicken stock
- Egg for eggwash
- Preheat oven to 180C. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large casserole dish over low heat, add oxtail in batches and brown well all over (3-4 minutes), then transfer to a plate. Add remaining oil to casserole along with onion, garlic, and stock. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low again and simmer for 5 minutes. Return oxtail to pan, season to taste, cover and braise in oven until tender but still on the bone (2-2¼ hours).
- Pick meat off the bone, mix with a little of the leftover cooking liquid. Season with salt and leave to cool.
- To assemble pies, roll out pastry using a pasta machine or rolling pin. Cut into square and place a small piece of meat inside. Fold corners in and seal with an eggwash.
- Deep Fry at 180 degrees celcius or until golden brown.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a GSM blends or Shiraz
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...