Vegetarian Spring Rolls
- 1 packet frozen spring roll wrappers, defrosted
- 100gm vermicelli noodles
- 2 Tbsp. Lee Kum Kee Premium Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Shaoxing wine
- 1 Tbsp. Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- 1 cm piece ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 1 long red
chilli, finely chopped
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
wombok, finely shredded
- 1 large carrot, finely grated
- 1 tsp. white sugar
- 1 tsp. Chinese five spice
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. corn flour
- 1 Tbsp. hot water
- Extra olive oil for frying
- Place vermicelli noodles in a bowl and cover with warm water. Allow
to soakfor 10 minutes or until al dente. Strain and set aside.
- Add oil to a frypan or wok over a medium-high heat. Add garlic,
gingerand chilliand fry off, stirring continuously until aromatic, approximately 3 minutes. Be sure not to burn. Add wombok and carrot and mix to combine. Cook until slightly wilted, approximately 3-4 minutes. Add soy sauce, Shaoxing, sugar, five spice and salt and mix through to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning if required. Remove from heat, add vermicelli noodles and toss to combine. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Mix the cornflour and water in a small ramekin until flour is completely dissolved.
- To assemble, carefully separate one wrapper at a time, covering the remaining pastry with a damp towel in between. Place the spring roll wrapper smooth side down with a corner facing upward, like a diamond. Spoon approximately 2 Tbsp. of the filling in the bottom corner, fold over and roll to
half way. Using your finger, dab a small amount of cornflour mixture on the outer corners, fold into the middle and tightly roll to the upper corner. Dab another small amount of cornflour mixture on the top corner and roll to seal. Place on a lined tray and cover with a damp towel. Repeat with remaining wrappers.
- To fry, heat the oil in a deep fryer or saucepan to 180C. Gently place spring rolls into oil in batches, turning regularly to ensure even cooking. Fry for approximately 6 minutes, until golden and crispy. Transfer to paper towel and allow to cool slightly.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...