Vegetarian Spring Rolls
- 1 packet frozen spring roll wrappers, defrosted
- 100gm vermicelli noodles
- 2 Tbsp. Lee Kum Kee Premium Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Shaoxing wine
- 1 Tbsp. Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- 1 cm piece ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 1 long red
chilli, finely chopped
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
wombok, finely shredded
- 1 large carrot, finely grated
- 1 tsp. white sugar
- 1 tsp. Chinese five spice
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. corn flour
- 1 Tbsp. hot water
- Extra olive oil for frying
- Place vermicelli noodles in a bowl and cover with warm water. Allow
to soakfor 10 minutes or until al dente. Strain and set aside.
- Add oil to a frypan or wok over a medium-high heat. Add garlic,
gingerand chilliand fry off, stirring continuously until aromatic, approximately 3 minutes. Be sure not to burn. Add wombok and carrot and mix to combine. Cook until slightly wilted, approximately 3-4 minutes. Add soy sauce, Shaoxing, sugar, five spice and salt and mix through to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning if required. Remove from heat, add vermicelli noodles and toss to combine. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Mix the cornflour and water in a small ramekin until flour is completely dissolved.
- To assemble, carefully separate one wrapper at a time, covering the remaining pastry with a damp towel in between. Place the spring roll wrapper smooth side down with a corner facing upward, like a diamond. Spoon approximately 2 Tbsp. of the filling in the bottom corner, fold over and roll to
half way. Using your finger, dab a small amount of cornflour mixture on the outer corners, fold into the middle and tightly roll to the upper corner. Dab another small amount of cornflour mixture on the top corner and roll to seal. Place on a lined tray and cover with a damp towel. Repeat with remaining wrappers.
- To fry, heat the oil in a deep fryer or saucepan to 180C. Gently place spring rolls into oil in batches, turning regularly to ensure even cooking. Fry for approximately 6 minutes, until golden and crispy. Transfer to paper towel and allow to cool slightly.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...