2 – 4 people
- 100gm vermicelli noodles
- 50gm bean sprouts
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- ½ bunch picked coriander leaves
- ½ bunch picked mint leaves
- 12 rice paper wrappers
- 100gm Thai marinaded tofu (Soyco), thinly sliced
- ½ continental cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
VIETNAMESE DIPPING SAUCE:
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- 2 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- 90ml lime juice
- 70ml fish sauce
- 2 birdseye chillies, finely sliced
- Place the vermicelli noodles in a large bowl and cover with hot water and leave to soak until tender, approximately 2-4 minutes. Drain well, roughly chop with scissors and transfer to a bowl along with the bean shoots, spring onions and herbs. Toss to combine.
- On a clean bench, lay out rice paper wrappers. Taking a spray-bottle filled with water, gently spray each wrapper and allow to soften for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Working quickly, add a small amount of the noodle mixture in a strip within the bottom 1/3 of the wrapper. Top with 2 strips of tofu and 2 cucumber and carrot matchsticks. Fold the bottom edge over the filling, fold in both sides and roll up to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers.
- Combine all dipping sauce ingredients in a small bowl and mix. Adjust seasoning to taste with more sugar, lime juice or fish sauce if required.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Sauvignon Blanc or Vermentino.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...