2 – 4 people
- 100gm vermicelli noodles
- 50gm bean sprouts
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- ½ bunch picked coriander leaves
- ½ bunch picked mint leaves
- 12 rice paper wrappers
- 100gm Thai marinaded tofu (Soyco), thinly sliced
- ½ continental cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
VIETNAMESE DIPPING SAUCE:
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- 2 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- 90ml lime juice
- 70ml fish sauce
- 2 birdseye chillies, finely sliced
- Place the vermicelli noodles in a large bowl and cover with hot water and leave to soak until tender, approximately 2-4 minutes. Drain well, roughly chop with scissors and transfer to a bowl along with the bean shoots, spring onions and herbs. Toss to combine.
- On a clean bench, lay out rice paper wrappers. Taking a spray-bottle filled with water, gently spray each wrapper and allow to soften for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Working quickly, add a small amount of the noodle mixture in a strip within the bottom 1/3 of the wrapper. Top with 2 strips of tofu and 2 cucumber and carrot matchsticks. Fold the bottom edge over the filling, fold in both sides and roll up to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers.
- Combine all dipping sauce ingredients in a small bowl and mix. Adjust seasoning to taste with more sugar, lime juice or fish sauce if required.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Sauvignon Blanc or Vermentino.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...