4 – 6 people
Prep Time 10-15
Cook Time 15-20
- 1 Coles Sourdough Loaf, cut into thick slices
- 1tbs butter
- 1tbs Coles Plain Flour
- ¼ cup of Coles Full Cream Milk
- 1tbs KEEN’s Mustard Powder
- ½ cup stout or dark beer
- 1tsp Worcestershire sauce, plus extra for garnish
- 100g Coles Vintage Cheddar, grated
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter and add flour – combine and then add KEEN’s Mustard Powder. Gradually add milk, stirring in between, and then do the same with the beer. Combine grated cheese and stir until cheese has melted completely and the texture is smooth.
- On a flat oven tray lined with baking paper, pour mixture and spread evenly – allow this to cool down in the fridge. Once mixture has set, place in a bowl, ready to spread over toast.
- Meanwhile, line another tray with sliced bread and toast in the oven for 2 minutes on each side. Once toasted, spread cheese mixture onto each slice. Place back into the oven for 3-4 minutes, grill on.
- Remove from oven and cut a few slashes into the cheese, then pour some drops of Worcestershire sauce to soak into these.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...