4 – 6 people
Prep Time 10-15
Cook Time 15-20
- 1 Coles Sourdough Loaf, cut into thick slices
- 1tbs butter
- 1tbs Coles Plain Flour
- ¼ cup of Coles Full Cream Milk
- 1tbs KEEN’s Mustard Powder
- ½ cup stout or dark beer
- 1tsp Worcestershire sauce, plus extra for garnish
- 100g Coles Vintage Cheddar, grated
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter and add flour – combine and then add KEEN’s Mustard Powder. Gradually add milk, stirring in between, and then do the same with the beer. Combine grated cheese and stir until cheese has melted completely and the texture is smooth.
- On a flat oven tray lined with baking paper, pour mixture and spread evenly – allow this to cool down in the fridge. Once mixture has set, place in a bowl, ready to spread over toast.
- Meanwhile, line another tray with sliced bread and toast in the oven for 2 minutes on each side. Once toasted, spread cheese mixture onto each slice. Place back into the oven for 3-4 minutes, grill on.
- Remove from oven and cut a few slashes into the cheese, then pour some drops of Worcestershire sauce to soak into these.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...