Yoghurt Curry Lamb with Herb Salad
Prep Time 10-15 mins
Marinate time 6-24hrs
Cook 1.5 hrs
- 1 x 2-2.5kg Coles Lamb Shoulde
- 1ltr Greek Yoghurt
- 3tbs KEEN’s Curry Powder
- 5tbsp Cumin Powder
- 1 Lemon, zest and juice
- ¼ cup Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 1tbs Sea Salt
- 1 tsp ground Black Pepper
- 3 Garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 bunch of Parsley, leaves picked
- 1 bunch of Mint, leaves picked
- 1 bunch of Coriander, leaves picked
- 1 head of Baby Cos, washed and picked
- 1 Shallot, sliced thin
- Olive oil
- Sea Salt
- Combine yoghurt, curry powder, cumin powder, lemon, olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl, whisk together until evenly mix.
- Remove ¼ of the mixture and save in the fridge to be used for serving.
- Add the garlic to the final ¾ of the yoghurt mixture to make the marinade.
- Cut 1 cm deep slashes into the lamb shoulder all over the leg. Place the shoulder into a large glass bowl or plastic container (not metal). Pour over the yoghurt marinade. Marinade for at least 6 hour but if you have time you can leave it for up to 24hrs.
- Heat an oven to 180C
- Remove the lamb from the fridge and place onto an oven tray with a roasting rack in it. Allow to come up to room temperature, for about an hour.
- Cook at 180C for 20 minutes then turn down to 160C for the next 1-1.5 hours until the lamb is cooked to your liking.
- Once cooked to your liking remove from the oven and allow to rest for 20-25 minutes.
- Combine all the salad ingredients, drizzle with oil and lemon. Season to taste with pepper and salt.
- Serve lamb with remaining yoghurt sauce and salad on the side
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...