Yoghurt Curry Lamb with Herb Salad
Prep Time 10-15 mins
Marinate time 6-24hrs
Cook 1.5 hrs
- 1 x 2-2.5kg Coles Lamb Shoulde
- 1ltr Greek Yoghurt
- 3tbs KEEN’s Curry Powder
- 5tbsp Cumin Powder
- 1 Lemon, zest and juice
- ¼ cup Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 1tbs Sea Salt
- 1 tsp ground Black Pepper
- 3 Garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 bunch of Parsley, leaves picked
- 1 bunch of Mint, leaves picked
- 1 bunch of Coriander, leaves picked
- 1 head of Baby Cos, washed and picked
- 1 Shallot, sliced thin
- Olive oil
- Sea Salt
- Combine yoghurt, curry powder, cumin powder, lemon, olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl, whisk together until evenly mix.
- Remove ¼ of the mixture and save in the fridge to be used for serving.
- Add the garlic to the final ¾ of the yoghurt mixture to make the marinade.
- Cut 1 cm deep slashes into the lamb shoulder all over the leg. Place the shoulder into a large glass bowl or plastic container (not metal). Pour over the yoghurt marinade. Marinade for at least 6 hour but if you have time you can leave it for up to 24hrs.
- Heat an oven to 180C
- Remove the lamb from the fridge and place onto an oven tray with a roasting rack in it. Allow to come up to room temperature, for about an hour.
- Cook at 180C for 20 minutes then turn down to 160C for the next 1-1.5 hours until the lamb is cooked to your liking.
- Once cooked to your liking remove from the oven and allow to rest for 20-25 minutes.
- Combine all the salad ingredients, drizzle with oil and lemon. Season to taste with pepper and salt.
- Serve lamb with remaining yoghurt sauce and salad on the side
RECIPE BY:Kylie MillarSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:300g flour75g Lurpak Slightly Salted butter75g grated cheddar cheese50g vegemiteColes cling wrapMETHOD:Place all ingredients, except the water, into a food processor and blitz until it resembles fine...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1/4 cup pomegranate molasses Juice of 1 lemon 1/3 cup Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Salt 1 bunch mint, picked 1 bunch parsley, picked 1 bunch coriander, picked 1 red onion, diced 1 bunch...
View Khanh's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...
View Michael's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...
View Courtney's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...
View Sashi's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...